How to get FPV with Phantom 2
1646 4 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asflyboy.comcas
lvl.1

United States

I have the Phantom 2 and H3-3d gimbal.  I would like to get it set up for FPV.  The information for doing this is confusing.  What is the best way to do that without breaking the bank for a high end solution?  Could someone make a recemendation for a low, medium, and then a high end solution?

Thank You,

Terry
2015-2-8
Use props
asflyboy.comcas
lvl.1

United States

I ordered the following:

FlySight 32 Ch Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801)

FatShark 250mW V3 5.8GHz Video Transmitter With NexwaveRF

DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black)

Plug and Play Cable: DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/ImmersionRC Transmitter

Neewer® CNC Alloy FPV LCD Monitor Mounting Bracket Support for DJI Phantom Transmitter

Hopefully this will work for FPV

2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Hi Terry,

your question probably won't get many replies. You could do the calculating yourself. We can help you with your confusion, if you tell us what you're confused about. My idea of a high-end solution could be different to yours. How much can/do you want to spend, but most important, what exactly do you want to achieve in terms of FPV range, quality of picture, importance of OSD. Can you solder or prefer a plug-n-play solution?

To keep it simple, you'll need a 5.8GHz video transmitter, antennas, FPV screen incl. reciever, perhaps OSD

There ars so many threads on this forum dealing with your question, just use the "search" funktion, when you understand the basics and have detailed questions, post them and you'll get appropriate assistance here.
2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

asflyboy.comcas Posted at 2015-2-9 03:37
I ordered the following:

FlySight 32 Ch Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Bat ...

Hey Terry,

you already ordered, ok. You might be running into a problem though. The 32-CH black pearl is known to have an awful performance on the Band F. Your transmitter uses band F. I would highly recommend that you rather purchase a 7-CH black pearl monitor (only band F).

Contact your retailer and see if you can swap it. Perhaps this problem has also been solved in the mean time?? Did you get this stuff in a combo package?
2015-2-8
Use props
asflyboy.comcas
lvl.1

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-9 03:56
Hey Terry,

you already ordered, ok. You might be running into a problem though. The 32-CH black  ...

Thanks I changed it to the 7 channel
2015-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules