Lesson Learned!
741 1 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

I ordered my Mavic direct from DJI on October 6th, then added batteries, props, hub etc the following day.  Nearly $1,400 hit my credit card immediatley, in return I was told the orders were in "process," with a confirmation the funds were received.

On October 14th, after hearing of a potential delay in delivery I placed a second order with Apple.  Since there was no charge it made sense to see which shipped first with the option to cancel the remaining order.

Today Apple provided a tracking number showing the Mavic was being delivered in two days on Fed Ex.  They still haven't charged my card, although I expect it will happen this evening.

Here's the rub, DJI (the manufacturer) has been sitting on my (and many of your) funds for nearly two months, yet there's still ZERO update on when ANYTHING will be shipped from 10/2 to today.  Correction, 7-8 weeks was mentioned 9 days ago. . . awesome!  My issue is NOT the delayed date, but the fact the people building this drone are sitting on our money while others are receiving their model first with no deposit required.  From retailers that don't even make the drone!

There's an obvious lesson learned here, and on so many levels.

Let's hope DJI finds a way to make this up to their dedicated customer base.

2016-11-14
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

So true. Its also annoying that your order that you placed a week earlier directly with DJI hasn't even been updated, yet the order from apple has already shipped. The people who ordered direct from DJI, and everyone else for that matter are getting screwed. I'm not trying to complain about shipping delays as I'm happy to wait and we've had countless threads about that, but I have lost respect for DJI as a company and they'll have to do more than say "we're investigating other ways of collecting payment" to earn that back.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules