No map on ground station
4793 11 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doughav.hotmail
lvl.1

United States

i have phantom 2 vision. When I load ground station I cannot get the Google map overlay. I have both the Google map app and the DJI ground station loaded. I am using an iPad air. Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Doug H

2015-2-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you save (cache) the map to your IPAD?
2015-2-8
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As Gerry said , try caching the area you intend to fly in on your home wifi before leaving home ,  load up groundstation ate home zoom to the are you want then switch to sat view and drag the map around in the fly area you are going to , it should show up again when you get to your location.
2015-2-8
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

You are using DJI Vision App or iPad Ground Station App?
2015-2-8
Use props
doughav.hotmail
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-9 13:44
You are using DJI Vision App or iPad Ground Station App?

DJI Vision App
2015-2-9
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

So your Ipad Air has no 3G/4G connection, right?
If it can only download the map through wifi, please connect to your home wifi first rather that Phantom wifi to ensure the download.
what's more, turn on your pad's GPS, and press your local position in ground station page
2015-2-9
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21818 ft
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-10 09:17
So your Ipad Air has no 3G/4G connection, right?
If it can only download the map through wifi, ple ...

If you are not connected to the P2, will this still work? I can't get the app to work much when not connected to the P2.
2015-2-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ChristoHD Posted at 2015-2-10 15:50
If you are not connected to the P2, will this still work? I can't get the app to work much when no ...

Download and save (cache) the google map to the ipad through the wifi.  Then when you are at the flying site, you go to your DJI SPP and select settings and turn on ground station.  Then you select the camera and slide your finger on the screen from right to left, that will open your waypoint program and present the map.
2015-2-9
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-10 15:54
Download and save (cache) the google map to the ipad through the wifi.  Then when you are at the f ...

Thanks, yeah that part I got. It works, I guess there is a diff between the iPhone and Android apps. iPhone app will allow you to open the camera but none of the features work, except loading the maps.

BUT - no matter if my iPhone is paired through wifi with the P2V or the Internet, the little white circle thing lower left on your map screen which is supposed to zoom in on where you are doesn't work on my app. I have an iPhone 6+, latest iOS.
2015-2-12
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Not sure if related totally, but I just spent some time setting up my iPad 2 (WiFi only), with the default maps and Google Maps installed.  I was having the same problem getting the map to show.  I did save the Google Map but it still would not show when connected to the Phantom WiFi.  I updated the Vision App, and the IOS, still nothing.  The app would open, I could go to the Ground Station app and would get no data, and only a grid in place of the map.

It then occurred to me that there was no way for my iPad to know where it was, as the Phantom was in the house with me and did not have enough SATS.  Moved to a better location and once the Phantom had 6 or 7 SATS.. boom... good to go.
2015-2-12
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
United States

Jamie Posted at 2015-2-13 07:09
Not sure if related totally, but I just spent some time setting up my iPad 2 (WiFi only), with the d ...

That could be it, i will try again after the PV2 gets good satellite lock.... thanks!
2015-2-13
Use props
doughav
lvl.1

United States

Thanks everyone will try this weekend!
2015-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules