Mavic pro lens
4004 20 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

I'm patiently waiting for my mavic pro to arrive and I have seen some posts on the web of the mavic having dust in the lens. I'm just wondering if this a very common thing or if most of you guys have good ones. I usually don't get v1 of a product but the mavic just looks to good to pass up.
2016-11-15
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

Yes i have mine and it has dust on the lens I can't get the camera to focus sharp on the left side. I have contacted DJI and now i have been asks dot send it in for repair. It looks like a few are like this but not all. Just be sure to do a brick wall test when you get it to check all the focusing is in order.
2016-11-16
Use props
Andy101
lvl.2

United States

Not again... Everything is fine with the lens
2016-11-16
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-11-17 07:52
Hi

Yes i have mine and it has dust on the lens  I can't get the camera to focus sharp on the left ...

My camera was blurry on the left side for about 3/4 of and inch on teach picture I took since day 1. I only noticed one white dot inside the lens, but that couldn't be the reason for it not focusing. I sent it in. They had it repaired and shipped back out to me the next day, after receiving it. I am doubting that they fixed anything with the turn around time my mavic pro had. I will let you know if they fixed it when I get it in on Monday.
2016-11-16
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-17 00:57
My camera was blurry on the left side for about 3/4 of and inch on teach picture I took since day  ...

cheers, i will be interested to see how yours gets on. Let me know
2016-11-17
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy101 Posted at 2016-11-16 23:58

mines not fine....is yours ok?
2016-11-17
Use props
Bikkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

My mavic is all fine,and loving it
2016-11-17
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-11-17 23:39
mines not fine....is yours ok?

I have received the replacement Mavic Pro from the one that I sent in with the blur on the left hand side of the pictures. I received an entirely different Mavic Pro. I took a picture of the serial number of the one I sent out to see if this would happen. It had all the original stickers and the original 2 props installed as it they have when brand new. I'm guessing it is a brand new one. I didn't want that as my other Mavic Pro flew perfect and never had one problem just the blur on the left. The blur seems to be gone now and there doesn't seem to be any blur on the left, right, or anywhere on the pictures now. Also when the gimbal initializes, it doesn't make a hard clicking sound and snap into place immediately anymore as well. It also only tilts 2 times now instead of the original 3, where the 3rd was the fast acting snapping into the camera level location. First flight wasn't to pleasing at all. Calibrated everything and the thing drifted to the left like the stick was held to the left. I will try tomorrow again as today was my first day back to work and am aggravated enough as it is. Oh yeah, they received my Mavic Pro Monday November 14th. I got a notice it was fixed teh same day, and shipped Tuesday same week. Shipped Wednesday same week, and I received it today Monday November, 21st. No way it could have been fixed it that short amount of time. Has to be a brand new one.
2016-11-21
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-22 07:12
I have received the replacement Mavic Pro from the one that I sent in with the blur on the left ha ...

It is most likely a new Mavic from what you describe.  Maybe taking things apart and swapping out the camera and gimble would cost DJI Service more than to simply ship a new unit.  

2016-11-21
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Clydevs
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear the first flight was not quite right. That was my fear also as my mavic flew very well it was just a bad camera. It's interesting you mention the 'cracking' sound of the gimbal has gone as my one did that as well. Hopefully if you play around with your new one (recalibrate imu etc) maybe yours will fly better when you get another chance to test. Again, as you had near on identical problem to mine it would be good to stay in touch and update each other. My mavic has been confirmed as delivered to Dji today so I will await any feedback from then about my problem.
Cheers
2016-11-22
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansca9280ea Posted at 2016-11-17 18:52
When my Mavic arrives in January I won't have specs in the lens, they will be aware of the issue and ...

You never know eh?.?..?
2016-11-22
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy101 Posted at 2016-11-16 23:58

How your lens mate?
2016-11-22
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

MuzzaPuppa Posted at 2016-11-22 23:01
Hi Clydevs
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear the first flight was not quite right. That was my fe ...

I don't know if it's the new firmware or not as I never ran it on my other Mavic Pro, but when I turn it on, and even after it records the home point, the distance just keeps climbing while it is just sitting there. I started it and it reset, but just kept climbing when I would stop and let it hover. Upon moving it, it does reset. Also this one is not near as stable as my other one. After flying around if I stop and let it hover, more times than not it slowly drifts up and/or down and does not register any movement on the Dji GO app. One time today when I let it hover, it did show a speed of 1.2 mph decreasing altitude. There was zero wind, and I did re-calibrate the compass again, as well as the IMU yesterday, and the controller highlighting every area of the box on the calibration screen. I have flown in the same area with my other mavic many times and never experienced this bad of stability. It's about as good as my phantom 3 advanced. My other mavic was surprisingly solid while hovering. I think I'm gonna roll back to the firmware that you had to initially install when receiving the Mavic and see what happens with flight then.
2016-11-22
Use props
Great_Cookie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391512 ft
Malaysia

Hi Adanggas - I was also very wary of buying a v1.0 item, but am considering myself lucky that I don't seem to have any of the camera issues reported (dust bunnies, focussing issues, etc) - albeit i haven't taken my macro lens to take a picture of the mavic's yet. I guess that for whatever reason, forums do have a tendency to highlight more negative news (human nature i guess) but are good learnings for things to be mindful of when u do receive your Mavic.

As a newbie UAV pilot and Mavic owner, I must say that it's been an absolutely delight to fly and rock-steady thus far (15 flights, 16km travelled, 2hrs of flight time and counting since last Thursday!). Am sure you'll have a ball too!
2016-11-22
Use props
icarusknows
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3166 ft
Canada

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-21 15:12
I have received the replacement Mavic Pro from the one that I sent in with the blur on the left ha ...

interesting... this sounds almost exactly like my RMA experience (receiving Mavic back Monday, according to UPS)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72586-1-1.html

I hope I get the drone they advertised and I paid for...
2016-11-23
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

icarusknows Posted at 2016-11-23 23:11
interesting... this sounds almost exactly like my RMA experience (receiving Mavic back Monday, acc ...

The only thing so far is that no matter what I do it seems the new Mavic Pro I received, (I didn't want a new one as my other one flew wonderfully but had the 3/4 inch blur on the left hand side of every picture), tends to descend for no reason at all during a hover. My original Mavic Pro was rock solid, even on the old firmware. This one... Not near my experience with the first one I had. The VPS shows it descending, but the Vertical Speed does not. I have calibrated, calibrated, calibrated, and went a step further than calibrating, I calibrated again. The compass, the IMU, the controller, even the damn gimbal. 16 satellites later, it still descends. It is not as steady at a hover as my Phantom 3 advanced to be honest. I reverted to the earlier firmware. It still descends. I'm just gonna hope something happens to fix this. If not. I don't know if I'm gonna give up on this Mavic Pro as I could write a book about the roller coaster Newegg and Dji have put me on to have a properly function Mavic Pro. I'm just disgusted at this point. Flying season is almost over in my area. I might wait till spring to see if it is fixed. If not I will be sending it in AGAIN. I even told Dji upon sending it in that I did not want a new one, just the camera fixed. That didn't happen. I would rather have 3/4 inch of blur on the left of pictures than a Mavic Pro that isn't steady in the air.
2016-11-23
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

It descends no matter what. one the phone with Dji now.
2016-11-23
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

I just got off of the phone with Dji. I am sending the Mavic Pro back AGAIN. It descends CONSTANTLY. It shows on the camera, and the VPS, but not the vertical speed. The camera is perfectly fine now, but I would rather have a perfectly flying Mavic Pro, for safety of everyone, rather than a "perfect" picture. I AM LIVID. I DID NOT WANT MY ORIGINAL MAVIC PRO CHANGED AS IT FLEW PERFECTLY. I was confident in it. This new one... Not at all. I can fly it no problems, but as the 3/4 inch blur, it does not do what it is supposed to do. For $1000, why should I accept less than what was promised? Another chunk of time not being able to fly. THANK YOU SO MUCH DJI.
2016-11-23
Use props
icarusknows
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3166 ft
Canada

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-23 16:20
I just got off of the phone with Dji. I am sending the Mavic Pro back AGAIN. It descends CONSTANTLY. ...

Would have been nice if they just sent you a replacement on proof of shipping defective unit back.

I hope things work out for you in the end.
2016-11-24
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-24 00:20
I just got off of the phone with Dji. I am sending the Mavic Pro back AGAIN. It descends CONSTANTLY. ...

hi

I received confirmation today that my camera is defected. They have stated that they will repair the mavic by installing a new gimbal and camera. I will let you know if i get a new one mavic or if they do the repair......and of course if they actually fix the problem. Hope you get yours back soon and all goes well.

Cheers
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules