iPad--Holder For The Oversized
1307 11 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kjarahz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 470787 ft
United States

I've been flying with a iPhone Plus and it's been decent but I recently got an iPad in a trade deal and thought it would be a fantastic screen. Well, turns out it would be if it fit the holder of the Inspire 1 remote. It's just slightly too big. This is a current gen iPad but apparently it needs to be a mini to fit?

Does anyone make something to hold the iPad on the remote, is there anything I can do to accomdate this iPad with relative ease?

Thanks in advance.
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The I pad will fit just perfectly , Keep in mind you MUST remove the protective case or it will not .  The only exception to this is the I pad Pro with the 12'9 inch screen , with this one you need to get an adapter that is sold on E bay , it attaches to the existing mount and accommodates it quite nicely .  I owned on but took it back for the 9.7 inch pro instead, it was just a tad bit to big for my needs .
Make sure you press on the expansinon button on the mount to expand it to full size, some times there is a film that is not removed by some pilots that will prevent it from expanding properly .  It is a tight perfect fit  for the I pad 9.7 inch , trust me , I own 3 of them !

Hope this helps

donnie

sample of adapters

sample of adapters
2016-11-16
Use props
Kjarahz
lvl.1
United States

When I get home I will check this out, I believe it's an iPad 4 which should put it at 9.7" but you say that is just fine with the native holder? Definitely no casing around the iPad just bare from Apple so I will check this out. I think DJI even told me it wasn't compatible which is weird.

Thanks for the help Donnie perhaps I just wasn't forceful enough or didn't extend it out all the way correctly.
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Kjarahz Posted at 2016-11-16 08:46
When I get home I will check this out, I believe it's an iPad 4 which should put it at 9.7" but you  ...

Trust me , If it is a standard I pad it will fit !  It is actually the best one to work with the system .  Just make sure you expand  the mount all the way out .  Now dont break it , something may be binding for some reason but I assure you it will work.

donnie
2016-11-16
Use props
Kjarahz
lvl.1
United States

It's definitely a half inch short. I've yanked on the plastic to engage it further and it doesn't move anymore. You can hear it bottom out. No plastic on it anywhere to impede the movement. Am I just overlooking something? I've folded the arms down for the phone holder, everything I can think of. It's a Apple iPad 4th Gen. 9.7".
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Kjarahz Posted at 2016-11-16 12:42
It's definitely a half inch short. I've yanked on the plastic to engage it further and it doesn't mo ...

Do you have the stock mount ?  can you take a picture and post it .  You do have it sideways correct ?
Look at this video I made for another member, you can see it fits:

donnie

2016-11-16
Use props
Kjarahz
lvl.1
United States

Completely stock, purchase this year. Just barely short, but short.
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Kjarahz Posted at 2016-11-16 16:33
Completely stock, purchase this year. Just barely short, but short.

You are going to need an adapter for the Generation 4 as it is not wide enough .  The generation four is wider.  specs here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_(4th_generation)
9.5  x 7.3   
Also, I was wrong , I thought only the Pro model ( Biggie size ) would need an adapter . sorry about that ....... I Learned something today mate .....  

donnie

2016-11-17
Use props
Kjarahz
lvl.1
United States

Ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 last night. Should arrive tomorrow and I will see how it is.

The iPad will not update the DJI Go App as it says it's not a supported model. Know any workaround for that? It's installed but might be an older version. Plan on using AutoPilot a bit more but wouldn't mind the proper software being updated and working.
2016-11-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Kjarahz,  I assumed that all apple devices were compatible but  dont see  I pad- Gen 4  on this list .  I dont know of a workaround , sorry bout that .
I have heard good things about Litchi, I am not familiar with Autopilot.  

good luck- donnie

Supported Mobile Devices        
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2016-11-17
Use props
R_Martin
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-17 07:50
You are going to need an adapter for the Generation 4 as it is not wide enough .  The generation fo ...

The stock DJI bracket assembly will only expand enough to allow you to use a 5.5" wide device (iPad Mini). A normal size device measures roughly 6.5" in width and will require an adapter.
2016-11-17
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

R_Martin Posted at 2016-11-17 17:04
The stock DJI bracket assembly will only expand enough to allow you to use a 5.5" wide device (iPa ...

An iPad Pro 9.7 fits fine.
2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules