2082 24 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't stand this circus anymore.  Cancelled the order and went with P4 Pro...shipping to me on 11/25.  P4 Pro has a nicer set of features anyway.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

i still can't get over the size or the fact that the props are in the way more often...
2016-11-16
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-16 16:32
i still can't get over the size or the fact that the props are in the way more often...

Didn't that get fixed with the new camera on the P4P? The landing gear is longer so the gimbel must be lower.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-16 17:25
Didn't that get fixed with the new camera on the P4P? The landing gear is longer so the gimbel must ...

Not from the videos I saw...  Just like the P4, it's better, but they're still there.
2016-11-16
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shoot in 4k and crop them out?
2016-11-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

for the bang for the buck and better quality, the p4p is looking better. im not a fan of the all white plastic look   (the mavic looks super cool) but both units seem to have the same feature set with the p4p having mechanical shutter and better sensor plus more "eyes" to see..

would love the i2 but cant justify paying that with no avenue to recoup it back in a reasonable amount of time...
2016-11-16
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hope you get it in that timeframe - a lot of people are watching to see how they go with meeting P4P and I2 dates / volumes given how the Mavic rollout went.
2016-11-16
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm going to do the same.  Its been 30 days since DJI said they would begin shipping the Mavic and the company hasn't even fulfilled the first 2 days of orders.  I'm tired of waiting and glad now that a better Phantom 4 has been released.  Ultimately, I'm in it for the camera and the Phantom 4 PRO's camera specs are worth the trade off in transportability.  I guess I'm lucky the Mavic wasn't shipped in a timely manner so I can get the Phantom 4 PRO.
2016-11-16
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-17 09:25
Didn't that get fixed with the new camera on the P4P? The landing gear is longer so the gimbel must ...

Not fixed P4 shows more props than P3
2016-11-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2016-11-16 23:51
I'm going to do the same.  Its been 30 days since DJI said they would begin shipping the Mavic and t ...

did the exact same thing. im in this for the image quality. cant justify the cost of the I2 but the p4p is a nice middle ground betwixt the two models (mavic and i2).
2016-11-16
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.2

United States

P4P v P4 v Mavic.. Mavic is still the one to have and blades still feature in P4P video plus the Mavic just looks so much better, P4 is such a hulk!

2016-11-16
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

I like the final verdict in that video.

"The best camera is the one you have with you"

(and the Phantom 4 Pro would be a pain to have with you)
2016-11-16
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

its just sooo crazy how alot of people who havent gotten their mavics are now gonna switch
2016-11-16
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

Where did you get a ship date of 11/25 from? I got a p4p and will give dji 2 weeks from order date to ship and if not im doing a charge back like I did on mavics that didn't ship yet from oct 4th order.
2016-11-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

yup. like i have mentioned, in the end i want the safe flying tech, the larger sensor, and video quality. those are the things I want.

DJI have many options and that is a good thing.
2016-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Just get one of each..
2016-11-17
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thats a good video comparison review, but, like she also said, "if image quality is your first priority, its the Phantom 4 Pro."  I fly on the open ocean, in extreme enviroments and I know the Phantom 4 is BOSS when it comes to stability in high winds and extreme altitudes.  I was looking forward to trying the Mavic PRO for the ease of traveling with it and the same camera IQ as my P4, but, the excitement of the new design has worn off, the thrill of getting one of the first has evaporated with the average consumer picking one up at the Apple store while my money sits for weeks at a time in a DJI account with no idea when I'll ever receive it. Ultimately, I suppose the performance of the new Phantom 4 Pro exceeds the desireability of the Mavic's travel friendly form factor for me.
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.2

United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2016-11-17 03:19
Thats a good video comparison review, but, like she also said, "if image quality is your first prior ...

...if the P4P does actually ship according to stated shipment dates. I'm not a gambling man but I think i'd dust off my wallet for a wager on that one.
2016-11-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You made a wise choice, I own the mavic, I also ordered the p4 pro. The p4 pros camera will outperform the original inspire 1 pro with the x-5 camera at a fraction of the price.
2016-11-17
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Why comparing P4P to Mavic. Two completely different units, completely different user groups. Even if a P5P comes on the market I still go for the pocket size Mavic.
2016-11-17
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Not true. I travel with my Phantom 4, before that I traveled with my Phantom 2 Vision+, it is the best travel drone available until the Mavic was released.  I've flown on the top of a volcano at 11,000 feet and in the open ocean shooting islands at max altitude and over 2 miles in distance to just make the coposition.  The Mavic would need to perform as well as the Phantom 4 and meet the quality of the camera.  While it is more convienent to travel with due to form factor, the Phantom 4 PRO now exceeds the image quality of the Mavic by a significant margin. Unless your just in it to fly and take good photos the Mavic is not the best travel drone for a person wanting the absolute best quality image and convienence. Again, why should I continue to wait on a drone that I may or maynot receive in 30 days,,, 60 days,,,,, ???  DJI has had my money since October 1, and now, I want something in return.
2016-11-17
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

MavicPro Posted at 2016-11-16 23:46
P4P v P4 v Mavic.. Mavic is still the one to have and blades still feature in P4P video plus the Mav ...

An excellent video! A must see for every drone owner or wannabe.
2016-11-17
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

BengalBoy Posted at 2016-11-17 19:03
Not true. I travel with my Phantom 4, before that I traveled with my Phantom 2 Vision+, it is the be ...

Try to take a P4P on a 21-day 4000 plus mile trip to Norway on a motorbike. No way. You need every inch for your gear. The Mavic is the perfect size. And yes, the images will be not as good as the P4P.
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro?
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1058330 ft
United States

As much as i'd like to upgrade to the P4P, im not willing to lose out on the portability of the Mavic, let alone give more money to the company that still hasn't delivered my first order {:4_177:}
2016-11-17
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

American Express immediately credited my account back pending a explanation from DJI regarding my delivery complaint.  I'm not a impulsive person.  DJI is not being honest about its issues shipping the Mavic and I'm completely frustrated with the way they handled it.  I'm not arguing with anyone regarding its form factor, portability or use as a travel drone.  I'm simply saying it does not have the power, image quality and proven ruggedness of the Phantom 4.  I'm not denying that a Phantom 4 is obtrusive and takes up more space and weighs more than a Mavic.  I'm simply saying that today, a Phantom 4 PRO out-flys and out-shoots a Mavic PRO.  I'm sure I would have been in awe and happy with the Mavic if DJI had shipped it within a reasonable time of me ordering, but, it didn't.  Now, I have a far superior camera in a form factor I'm very proficient at flying and traveling with.  So long Mavic,,, too bad I never got to know you.......
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules