OSMO FATAL FLAW
819 2 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42f05543
lvl.1

United States

OSMO VIDEO VANISHES AND OSMO SOFTWARE AUTO DELETES FOOTAGE

When using the OSMO in video mode several times in one day, I have noticed that the early footage I shot just vanishes. First, the techs said it was the Micro SD card, then the software, now it’s the camera. Turns out it’s a fatal flaw in the DJI Go app guiding the camera.

When installing the DJI Go app, at least version 1.05.02.00, please be aware the software will delete your earliest video footage after the camera reaches 2 GB of files shot.

Here is now you deactivate the “Auto Cleanup Video Cache (Larger than 2 GB)” feature, which a DJI technician said is stated in the release notes, which means the designers actually limit you to 2GB on the card when the software is installed. WOW! Of course no one reads the release notes when installing software, so the unsuspecting are stuck with lost footage.

Anyway, start the DJI GO app and then in the app touch the gear icon. Then touch the wrench icon and then slide the “Auto Cleanup Video Cache” slider to the left.

The DJI tech said I am the only one who has had this problem of loosing footage, but the software pretty much limits you to 2 GB with that switch activated.

After installing the newest software, reinstalling the DJI GO App, reformatting the card and unchecking the 2 GB limit switch, I then retested the camera on a 32 GB card I filled to about 30 GB. Problem was, I still lost the earliest shots in the take. Anyone else have this issue or tell everyone how we can see everything we shoot and not be firing blindly?

2016-11-17
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I can't say that I've lost any footage on my Osmo in the 12 months that I've had it, and that's using a 64GB card.

Other people may have other experiences.

The only recording that I lose (as does everybody) is when the current file is being closed and a new one opened as it hits the 4.2GB limit (some 2 seconds every 9 minutes -- 4K 25fps).

The firmware and application releases currently in use are  1.8.2.40 / 1.6.2.10

2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's not a fatal flaw, just turn off the auto cleaning cache option
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules