Inspire 1 not Compatible with Apple Products?
2085 10 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebreault084.gma
New

United States

Just got my Inspire 1 in the mail under the impression that I would be using my Apple iPad and iPhone with it... Now they are saying it doesn't work with Apple products. Is it just me or is this major false advertising? I feel like $3,500 was just stolen from me. I'm not an android person. I shouldn't have to go buy an android tablet for a product that I was told could be used with Apple products. Does anyone have an answer to this or a solution?

2015-2-8
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Welcome to the club, it's kind of crowded in here
There are several posts on this issue, it turns out Inspire is the best Android marketing tool ever made, it already convinced some serious mac fanatics to consider purchasing an Android device, including myself (my studio looks sometimes like an Apple Store)
Guess the next Apple product is iDrone
2015-2-8
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

mani Posted at 2015-2-9 07:16
Welcome to the club, it's kind of crowded in here
There are several posts on this issue, it turns ...

You took the words out of my mouth
2015-2-8
Use props
ebreault084.gma
New

United States

I brought this up to a DJI representative. Their response was "Sorry for your inconvenience."  .... Are you kidding me???? DJI can bite me. Or  they can just buy me an android.
2015-2-8
Use props
catmayville.gma
New
United States

It looks to me like, in all of their tutorial vids they are using an ipad?  Did I miss that?  I just bought this too...I talked to them and they said they have known this for a couple weeks (don't know if that's true).  And they said "sorry I am helpless", that was their solution.  Really?  I contacted Apple about this, will see what they say. There's no way I am accepting their answer so far.  Uninspiring, at best.
2015-2-8
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

catmayville.gma Posted at 2015-2-9 07:45
It looks to me like, in all of their tutorial vids they are using an ipad?  Did I miss that?  I just ...

apple made them pull the app. Simple as that. Will it be back? Ask Apple....
2015-2-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

catmayville.gma Posted at 2015-2-9 07:45
It looks to me like, in all of their tutorial vids they are using an ipad?  Did I miss that?  I just ...

DJI have known for a long time now about the IOS App issue.  Poeple have been promised it will be resolved in a few days, a week, 1-to 2 weeks and now they just say it will be resolved.

There are many posts on the forum, read them all and see the dates they were posted.  You will see how long this has been going on and DJI still refuse to acknowledge their customers loss.
2015-2-9
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

You can use the unofficial 9.2 IOS app just Google it on the internet.
It works perfect for me on my Ipad mini 2, no any bug find so far...It's only not official approved by apple so what!!!!   
2015-2-9
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

You people should do a little more research before simply bashing DJI. The app was pulled from the appstore because it doesn't comply with apples strickt rules. It's those strickt rules that make apple so safe to use, but it's apple's fault they just blindly dismiss all apps that have certain usb privileges. DJI has a lot of other apps in the appstore and is a very reputable company, yet apple refuses to certify the pilot app.

There already was a thread with a petition to ask apple to speed up the process and add the pilot app to the appstore. Lots of people (understandably) complaining about this, I just don't think apples policies are DJI's fault. They already had the app ready long time before the inspire came out so you could still use it. There just won't be any updates.

Ps I seriously doubt apples capabilities to make an iDrone that's as good as any of DJI's. I loved steve jobs, since his death apple has been all about the cash and too little about innovation.
2015-2-10
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

xzces Posted at 2015-2-11 03:43
You people should do a little more research before simply bashing DJI. The app was pulled from the a ...

Maybe Apple is looking to buy DJI ?  That could slow down a release...  The I-Quad Ha, Ha, Ha,
2015-2-10
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

paul.swieconek. Posted at 2015-2-11 04:12
Maybe Apple is looking to buy DJI ?  That could slow down a release...  The I-Quad  Ha, Ha, Ha,

They DO have the money to do so haha. But let's hope not, I doubt a phantom or inspire would still go for the same price lol.
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules