Camera Setup: Interview + Action
1315 2 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manraj
lvl.1

Australia

Hi
I am covering a sports event along with some player's interview and it is going to be a sunny day.
Please advise if I am setting up my equipment correct or not?

Try to film everything with DJI Osmo, so that means

1. Roll A - Will set up my osmo on tripod and with lav mic I will interview players ?
   Question1 - I have a concern about wide angle which will make the subject quite bulgin if I get more closer or If I am too far, it will not be a proper closeup.
   Question2 - Should I capture itnerview at 60 or 24 fps since I will be capturing action scenea at higher fps as per Roll B below.

2. Roll B - Will be capturing some action scenes ? question - Should I capture them at 60fps to get a nice slow motion in post processing or incamera slow motion?

Or
do you think it is not a good idea to capture interview in dji and should use a seperate DSLR camera since DJI is to be used for motion shots primarily.

heaps thanks in advance

Manraj
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You should note that the minimum focus distance is 1.5 meters.  And the image doesn't really distort. Also try different mic options, see if your external mic can pick up good sound from a distance.

You should use 24 fps in interview, and 60fps for action parts.
2016-11-17
Use props
Ey1990
lvl.2
Hong Kong

advice: Try properly b4 u decide to use it for ur interview ..i am not saying the osmo is bad.. but just in case sth bad happens since u planned to film everything with it..n the osmo can shoot slow motion video
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules