Unable to view videos on dpi go app on iPhone 6s
1195 5 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeP04
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, we are having trouble viewing our videos on the dpi go app. Photos are ok but the videos aren’t working. This function has worked previously but is not working now. The video is saving onto the SD card as its there when we plug it into the computer and we can download it then however the app is more convenient and great for editing. If I try to download the video off the SD card onto the app the following message displays “TIPS only 1080P or 720P videos and JPEG photos can be downloaded. Use a USB cable or SD card Reader to download 4K videos and RAW photos.”  ??The software on the iPhone 6s is iOS 10.1.1 & the app is v3.1.0. Phantom 4We are in Australia. Help please this is driving us crazy.

2016-11-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should see the 720P version which has been cached to the editor, note that there are now separate tabs for photo and video sections.

As you've spotted you can download a copy of certain files from the SD card to the editor (via Lightbridge), but as it says not 4k, 2.7k video. Nor RAW photos. I think the logic it that they would take too long to download these bigger files.
2016-11-17
Use props
GeorgeP04
lvl.1

Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-18 07:34
You should see the 720P version which has been cached to the editor, note that there are now separat ...

In video, original footage-the videos are not showing ? This applies to all videos We tried yesterday with a 4, 13 & 53 second videos and none of them showed in original footage on the app
2016-11-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video you would use for presenting is the video recorded on the SD card in the aircraft (This could be 4k). The videos you did yesterday will be on the SD card.

There is a live stream back to your display device which is cached on your display device which is at 720P. These are normally the video files that the editor present for a quick edit and distribution to social media perhaps.

If you have recorded video and you cannot see the cached versions of these in the editor, the check and make sure the 'Cache during video shooting' is activated in the 'General Settings menu in DJI Go.
2016-11-17
Use props
GeorgeP04
lvl.1

Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-18 08:02
The video you would use for presenting is the video recorded on the SD card in the aircraft (This co ...

Great thank you. Excellent explanation. I think I've detected the problem now (with your help) as Cache during video shooting is on but it does say under that "Cache full. Can not save new cache" So I've changed the largest video cache capacity to 4GB (it was on 2GB)which then brings up a message "Available cache space 1999MB...." When my son (the drone owner/driver) gets home from school this afternoon we'll try it and fingers crossed it will work. Thanks again.
2016-11-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeorgeP04 Posted at 2016-11-18 00:13
Great thank you. Excellent explanation. I think I've detected the problem now (with your help) as  ...

There is also an option for it to automatically erase older files from the cache once it fills up.
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules