Importing Video into GoApp
11380 7 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa1d510c4
lvl.1

Canada

I have been working on a project for the last few months, and it is finally complete. I want to compile the footage and edit in the Go app, just for ease of use. (I have premiere pro, just don't like using it that much) I would like to import all the old footage back into the Go APP and it looks like there is an option to do so in the editor section of the app, so i loaded all the old footage on to the SD card and tried to import from the SD card, but the footage would not load to import.

Is there a way to upload the footage to the iPad, and import it directly from the iPad without pulling it thorugh the drone (because that doesn't seem to work)?

any help with this would be appreciated, i can put a video together in 20 minutes through the app, but it takes 5 hours to get the same video in PP.

Thanks
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think you can.
2016-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken is partly right, you can work with the files in the Go app as long as the files are on the device or aircraft SD card. The ipad will not allow you to import 4K video but it will work with 720-1080 no problem. Go into the edit tab of the GO app and look above the manage square  you see a icon looks like a page with the corner folded and arrow. tap on this icon,
it will let you import from the
On-board card
Local Photos
Local Videos

Hope this helps you out.

If you cannot find it I will post a screen shot for you later

Rich
2016-11-18
Use props
Scott Builders
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Rich, thanks for the reply, I had loaded all the old footage onto the sd card, and was trying that process you suggested, (bird on, r/c on) but when I click the on-board card button it does not load the videos. I made sure that the files were in the DCIM folder and the sub folder in that (forgetting the name right now).  the files showed that they were there, and I could click them, but it would not load them and let me import them. I am wondering if it has to do with the location of the files in the folders on the card maybe? any more help would be appreciated.
Thanks
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Scott Builders  Posted at 2016-11-19 06:39
Hi Rich, thanks for the reply, I had loaded all the old footage onto the sd card, and was trying tha ...

Just to clarify, what resolution are the files from the SD card?
2016-11-18
Use props
Scott Builders
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-19 10:26
Just to clarify, what resolution are the files from the SD card?

shooting in 4k
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Then it would be as Rich indicated in post #3, the editor would not be able to import the 4K video and can only use video that is shot in 720-1080p. For your 4K video, you would have to use your Premiere Pro.
2016-11-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scott Builders  Posted at 2016-11-18 14:39
Hi Rich, thanks for the reply, I had loaded all the old footage onto the sd card, and was trying tha ...

Scott
I didn't see your post (you didn't hit reply)...  So it sounds like you shot all of your video footage in 4K. You cannot use this method in the DJI Go editor then... sorry.  You will need to use P-Pro

My best to you
Rich

2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules