1256 6 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGHQuad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
Canada

Hi All

Very much a newbie flyer but would like to know what everybody does when an upgrade shows up for the Go app.
Do you uninstall  the previous app before upgrading or do you just upgrade over the old app and carry on? I am sure everybody will go through the
settings to make sure they did not change and to see if there is anything new.
Do you recalibrate your quad after an app upgrade?
Just trying to come up with a system for myself whenever there is an app apdate.

cheers

2016-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you decide to uninstall the old app first, sync your flights if you want to keep them.

Otherwise, yes, you may install it,  overtop of the older version. No problem. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-18
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

Hey RGHQuad,

My method for a DJI Go App update is usually:

1. Backup device
2. Update device to latest software version
3. Update DJI Go
4. Open DJI Go & connect to flight system
5. Check every setting in DJI Go and make sure it matches my previous setup (if not, make changes) and if there are any new added/changed features, read up what they do.
6. Test flight

In saying this though, I only update when I need it. If my current firmware/software combo flies perfect and I don't think I need any of the new features in an update, I generally won't update.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You don't need to uninstall the Go app, you would be able to update the app via iTunes or Google Play to overwrite the current file. Settings would reset, so you will want to go over them after you've updated.
2016-11-18
Use props
RGHQuad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
Canada

Thanks for the responses. Good to know.
2016-11-25
Use props
Betelgeuse
lvl.2

United Kingdom

On another point, I tried updating the DJI GO app on my iPad mini after it said 'Device incompatible with latest firmware'. But the iPad would not update to latest DJI GO app version. Seems my iPad is getting old.

I had already been flying a few hours before with no messages appearing up to this point. Would you say it's ok to carry on flying for the time being until I get a new tablet.
2016-11-26
Use props
fans8cf0d029
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Betelgeuse Posted at 2016-11-26 03:07
On another point, I tried updating the DJI GO app on my iPad mini after it said 'Device incompatible ...

Beteleuse, I got the same error on my iPad "Maxi".  I have been flying the P4 with it since I got it and other than the other problems that have been noted here has worked fine.  I wonder if DJI knows of this and will correct?
WA5TEF
2016-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules