C2 Button Options
787 5 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

Is there any type of 'feature suggestion' thread or something?

Would really like to be able to switch camera modes with the C2 button (Video to Photo and vice versa)

2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you hit either the record or shutter button, the camera will automatically switch from photo to video mode, so having that as a C2 option may be a bit redundant.
2016-11-19
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-20 13:20
When you hit either the record or shutter button, the camera will automatically switch from photo to ...

Yeah, it is true that it automatically switches, although a couple notes when doing so:

* When you hit either the record or shutter to switch, you will actually take a photo or start a recording. Wasting an unwanted photo or video. I'd like to frame my shot and adjust settings before hitting record and/or taking a photo.
* Either mode, Video or Photo, use different crops of the sensor, so (while it's not impossible) it's not very efficient to be shooting a video in 16:9 then having to guess your frame and settings for a 4:3 still image, and vice versa.
2016-11-19
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

with the video i can see this be an issue, but with photo, wasting one photo is not that bad, is it?  But I guess adding an option for that, would not be too much work, and let's the user control what they want their c button to do....
2016-11-22
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Australia

Phantomski Posted at 2016-11-23 07:52
with the video i can see this be an issue, but with photo, wasting one photo is not that bad, is it? ...

Honestly no, wasting a photo isn't the end of the world (it's just annoying) and if they don't add it, then whatever really. But it's just an extra unnecessary step, for what I agree 'shouldn't be too much work' to add the C2 option.
2016-11-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

U know, the added the "switch arm lights on/off" very quickly after people requested it, so who knows.... ;) I still am waiting for a more pronounced "red" indicator showing me i am actually recording video.. I still sometimes miss that, when i press the video record button too soon after taking a pic, and then do not notice it's a red circle rather than a  square ;) There's ALWAYS room to improve!
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules