How to add DJI Care Refresh after the 48 hour activation window?
8842 9 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chicago Mavic
lvl.1

United States

Dear DJI and fellow Mavic owners

I Activated my Mavic on Friday afternoon.  I tried to purchase the DJI Care Refresh tonight when I got home.  It said that it has been over 48 hours.  I'm not sure what time i activated but it couldn't have been that much beyond 48 hours.  Still within the same weekend that I got it.  

I haven't flown it outside.  I started it up and had it hover in my living room for 2 min per my log.  

What are my options to get it applied?

Here is another thread where I was discussing what to do:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-72636-1-1.html

I'd like to think that the 48 hour rule isn't absolute and there is a grace period there of a few hours.

Thanks for your assistance,
Chris
2016-11-20
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Not trying to be harsh here but why would you think that the 48 hour window would extend beyond 48 hours?
2016-11-20
Use props
Chicago Mavic
lvl.1

United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-11-20 21:19
Not trying to be harsh here but why would you think that the 48 hour window would extend beyond 48 h ...

Because sometimes life gets in the way.  Because I'm still waiting on an Oct. 3 order.  Also the spirit of the rule is so that you don't fly it, break it and then try to buy insurance to get it covered.  This was a few hours over.  Typical customer service would make an allowance for this.
2016-11-20
Use props
ferrari-458-ut
lvl.2

United States

Bummer I think they are probably not going to budge on the 48 hour rule, but I would just email DJI support because none of us forum users are going to know. You could sell that one on eBay and buy a new one if you want to get DJI refresh that bad.
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please contact djicare@dji.com. They will be able to assist you.
2016-11-20
Use props
Chicago Mavic
lvl.1

India

I wanted to update this thread.  DJI customer service gets knocked a lot but I wanted to give special recognition and thanks to Alice Liu and the team for helping me resolve this issue.  They had me take video following a script and upload it here:  https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload  to verify that my Mavic was still in perfect working order.  Once I did that, they were satisfied and allowed the transfer of my DJI care refresh from my unshipped flymore combo to the one I picked up at an apple store and didn't make the 48 hour window.

They didn't have to do this but they did.  I know we all have been impatient and even have legitimate complaints from time to time but when something as nice as this happens we should acknowledge it.

Well done DJI customer service!  

Also thanks DJI Mindy!
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chicago Mavic Posted at 2016-12-6 17:42
I wanted to update this thread.  DJI customer service gets knocked a lot but I wanted to give special recognition and thanks to Alice Liu and the team for helping me resolve this issue.  They had me take video following a script and upload it here:  https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload  to verify that my Mavic was still in perfect working order.  Once I did that, they were satisfied and allowed the transfer of my DJI care refresh from my unshipped flymore combo to the one I picked up at an apple store and didn't make the 48 hour window.

They didn't have to do this but they did.  I know we all have been impatient and even have legitimate complaints from time to time but when something as nice as this happens we should acknowledge it.

Glad they took care of you, the Care Refresh is an extremely valuable program.
2016-12-6
Use props
Chicago Mavic
lvl.1

India

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 06:25
Glad they took care of you, the Care Refresh is an extremely valuable program.

Just hope I don't have to use it!
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chicago Mavic Posted at 2016-12-6 18:17
Just hope I don't have to use it!

It's there for that "whoops" moments. You never know, it's great to have.
2016-12-6
Use props
UnlimiteDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146913 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey everyone,

I just published an article about DJI Care after 48 hours and did the necessary video. So for everyone who likes to see how such a video can look like, check it here: DJI Care after 48 hours Tutorial

It wasn't hard to record the video, the first time I missed one step but it worked well on the 2nd try
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules