Compass error and video link drop out
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans78f5f0a3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48212 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,
1 month ago I bought a phantom 3 standard and have been plagued with issues relating to compass errors and having to catch it drifting every time. I haven't had a clear flight yet (18 or so flights). As a new person to this I kept thinking it's was something I was doing wrong and following the upgrade to the firmware yesterday it has got substantially worse and is pretty much now unusable. It continually reports strong magnetic interference and I am on the coastline miles away from anything metallic. I have just reinstalled the app and will re calibrate the Phantom tonight but I wonder if it could be a faulty compass. Also the video connection disconnects so i cant see what it is seeing which is worrying. Any thoughts?
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You have tried to fly it in different locations without interference, but you always got the error message, right?
You mean the image transmission signal lost sometimes? how about the height and distance it flew when losing connection?
What mobile device you are using? have you adjusted antenna to the optimal range?
Please turn off all background programs before flying.
2016-11-22
Use props
fans78f5f0a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-22 08:12
You have tried to fly it in different locations without interference, but you always got the error m ...

Hi Natalia,

I have flown this in a number of open locations which are a considerable distance from any sources of interference, the magnetic interference error has appeared everytime I have been using it.

Since the last app update to 3.1.0 I have issues of video transmission "disconnecting" and a grey screen appearing of the last image the camera transmitted is frozen on the screen. In terms of altitude on Saturday I was about 15m and about 10m distance. Previously I had been approximately 50m distance and 50m height.

I have adjusted the antenna to the recommended angle.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for operation. I will ensure all background apps are off before flying.
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans78f5f0a3 Posted at 2016-11-23 02:05
Hi Natalia,

I have flown this in a number of open locations which are a considerable distance fro ...

May I  know what the distance and height it reached when image transmission disconnected?
Please fly it with another mobile device , such as an IOS phone to have a test.
If still the same case, you could send it in and our engineers will help you evaluate it.
2016-11-22
Use props
fans78f5f0a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Natalie,

I had success today in flying. I had reinstalled the dji go app, relinked the RC, reset the video down link, recalibrated the IMU, recalibrated the compass and the gimbal, turned Bluetooth off on my android phone, turned the phone to airplane mode, left all my keys and smart watch in the car along with any coins in my pocket. The result approx 25 mins of flying without interruption or loss of GPS signal. Video down link seemed to be fine too. I hope this may help other figure out similar issues.
2016-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules