Thermal Camera Options
1170 2 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott Builders
lvl.1

Canada

I am aware that thermal cameras exist for the Inspire 1, but at a price tag of $9,000 to $16,000, (zenmuse xt) i don't think i want to shell out that kind of dough for that.
Is there another way to get thermal cameras for the inspire?
gopro?
I suppose i could mount a separate camera, but i'm not comfortable with that really either.
Let me know if anyone has found a more cost effective thermal imaging option.
Thanks
2016-11-21
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Any time you're talking FLIR you're going to need to do a bit of research for what it is you need....and then get you're wallet out, cause it's not cheap. DJI is selling a well polished camera that is no inclusive to the inspire 1...... it also works on the Matrice line or any other DJI bird with the appropriate gimbal. The cost is no way out of line for what you're getting

There are always cheap options but you get what you pay for..... Usually  at a lower price point, you'll find that what you're getting is a much less refined product with a complicated user interface and a cheaper less capable camera.

If I were going to go cheap..

I'd try talking to these guys .... they are selling all different types of thermal birds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermal- ... :g:3nMAAOSwrklVYhuI
2016-11-21
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yep, well said AT.

Scott, there is no real 'cheap' way to get thermal happening on any UAV, and alternatives to DJI's XT cameras on the inspire are pretty clunky 'bodge jobs' that aren't that much cheaper.
The Inspire just doesn't lend itself to modding that readily, definitely a proprietary platform that is best suited to DJI's payloads.

You would have more luck with the Matrice, but again it won't be cheap, especially if you are looking for a standard cam to go alongside.
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules