very professional company
2016-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice touch, hope they get the karma back out there...
2016-11-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Very Nice..
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's already been posted in this forum several times.
I think the free camera offer is to entice the purchasers to return the Karma as it's potential to cause harm as the motors shut off during flight on a bunch of the units.
I know some people who purchased the Karma and they were not planning on returning it thinking this version may be a collectors item someday.
Two of the people I know sent it back wanting the camera, and 2 are keeping it.
2016-11-23
Use props
ToR-Vrod
lvl.1

United States

Gopro OMG!!!
2016-11-23
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-23 14:30
I think the free camera offer is to entice the ...

lol collectors item...
2016-11-23
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Where can I buy a Karma now?! I want the camera.
2016-11-23
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Wish I had bought one at Bestbuy before they yanked all the Karmas
2016-11-23
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-24 06:30
I think the free camera offer is to entice the ...

My bad,
I just wanted to express what  Exceptional Service looks like. No Pun intended
2016-11-23
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

I waited a long time for the Karma, but it paled in comparison to the Mavic. So, I bought the Mavic. It takes a great product and great customer service for a company to thrive.  GoPro knows how to treat their customers.  I hope they make a come back with a drone better than the Mavic so I can bail on DJI.
2016-11-23
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Wait . . .a full refund on everything including the accessories and they give you a $400 camera!!!!!!

Come again?!?!?!

Think that just created some customer loyalty?

2016-11-23
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I dunno, i'm not keen on how they keep their customers informed, compensate them and make them feel appreciated ... it just doesnt feel right.

I bet they even have the cheek to have a good chat service too ... !!
2016-11-23
Use props
ZeeinBC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

Hmm, I thought the issue with the karma was that the battery would come lose from the connector.  Wonder if you can just ducttape the sucker in and call it good?
  Free camera is a good deal though!
2016-11-23
Use props
MadMonkey
lvl.2

United States

DJI, take note. This is what good customer service looks like when you mess up.
2016-11-23
Use props
barts
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI learn how to treat your customers!!!

Btw. Thank you for ruin biggest trip in my life...

I hope for some new company that will bring you down...
2016-11-23
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

barts Posted at 2016-11-24 06:37
DJI learn how to treat your customers!!!

Btw. Thank you for ruin biggest trip in my life...

With a comment like that you're bound to get a free Mavic.
2016-11-24
Use props
angelio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35344 ft
New Zealand

Doesn't matter why they doing it but from customer point of view, its a great thing done by a company. Way to Go 'pro'
2016-11-24
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

Now thats what you call customer service.
2016-11-24
Use props
sshorty
lvl.2

Australia

Massive hats off to GoPro on this one.
First to admit I was not interested in the Karma the slightest, even before the Mavic's announcement, however, how GoPro treats their customers is something that I really wish would be noted by DJI.
We have a company that:
a) Admitted their produced wasn't up to scratch
b) Contacted customers, offered full refunds (COMMUNICATION)
c) Offered a rather expensive 'gift' for the muck around of customers.

It is clear they're doing it from a business perspective, trying to keep their customers around, however, I am sure they're not naive and acknowledge that many of the new Hero 5 owners will on sell their gift.
I am not asking for anything more then some form of communication from DJI RE my Mavic that was purchased and paid for in full over 6 weeks ago, its starting to become a legitimate joke.
I also want to pre order the P4P, however how DJI treat not only new customers, but loyal and repeat customers is disgusting - and has me thinking twice on this pre order.
I am not on here to rant, their products are second to none.
It just wouldn't hurt to give something back to customers that spend thousands and thousands annually - it really isn't that hard to write an email.
2016-11-24
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

They are also refunding for the accessories? Wonder why's that. This tells me they are not planning to come back with the Karma, at least one that will still be able to use the accessories. They will come out with a smaller, more compatible to the Mavic, Karma.
2016-11-24
Use props
gslick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Karma drone did not work but guess what, with that type of customer service if they start making drones and they work I will purchase one. Customer Service is so important!

Well Done GoPro!
2016-11-24
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I honestly don't see GoPro coming back into the drone market at all, they had 2 years of development on the Karma and managed to release it with a fundamental design flaw forcing a total recall and refund of the whole package.
Over the years there have been many "DJI Killer" drones announced, some even made it into the wild, but none have come anywhere near competing with the DJI range.
It seems that DJI bashing is all the rage these days, but the reality is they are the world leaders in their field and continue to push the technology further ahead of the competition with every release.
Having said all that, now where is my Mavic ?
2016-11-24
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Yes, they have great customer service, but nobody is looking at another aspect of this...  Their drones were faulty and falling out of the sky.  They needed to make sure there were none out in the wild to help avoid any potential lawsuits (and very bad press).
2016-11-24
Use props
VisualAltitude
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43914 ft
Sweden

GoPro actually delivered 2500 Karma drones within just 2 weeks, before they had to make the recall.
I wonder if DJI have delivered that amount of Mavic's yet?
2016-11-24
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

That would be nice if DJI made thats announcement of how many units they have sold.  We know thats a pipe dream.......
2016-11-24
Use props
BarrettF77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 565459 ft
United States

DJI would be well served as I myself am a first time customer and am waiting for them to service my issues.  Still on the fence as this is my first purchase of a drone and with DJI.  Nice thing is Apple has the holiday return period.  More than enough time to return mine if my issues aren't addressed.  It's a neat drone.  But loose props and a lentgthy wait after the dust and camera issues, somewhat frustrating.  And when calling their customer service number, I'm dicnnected on immediately before even saying anything to a rep and having to wait in line again.  Pretty frustrating for a $1,000 purchase.  
2016-11-24
Use props
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

If only we could somehow combine the great customer service of GoPro with the great tech of DJI...

That said, with GoPro's recent issues... wouldn't be wholly surprising if they got an enticing buyout offer from someone like a DJI or other Chinese conglomerate. I kinda hope not as I don't think their good customer service would survive any acquisition.
2016-11-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And the outcome of their lack of research ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38161918
2016-11-30
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Makes you wonder when they'll come crawling back to DJI with their tail between the legs.
2016-11-30
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-30 20:42
Makes you wonder when they'll come crawling back to DJI with their tail between the legs.

Unlikely to happen. Probably going to focus more on camera tech in the future as the article states, "core businesses"
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules