iPad Mount
2153 3 2016-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smounic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44094 ft
United States

I wanted to share with everyone a good, easy mount for an iPad to the controller.  

I tried a few of the ones on Thingiverse, but I found it placed the iPad very close to my thumbs.  I would inadvertently knock the ipad out of the mount, or contort my hands in such a way that it was uncomfortable.  This mount makes the iPad clear my hands with no problem.  I have about a half inch or so to spare.  It has hollow areas that your fingers can go through as they wrap around the grip (awesome feature).  For those concerned about the weight, the ipad pro 9.7 is 439g compared to 138g for the iphone.  So it is approximately 3 times heavier, but I haven't noticed the weight at all.

I wound up downloading and printing this piece Mavic Tab Holder .  

I also needed to order "DJI Inspire 1 Part 45 iPad Mobile Device Holder".  I got it from Amazon, but you can get it from DJI here.

The result is fantastic.  Here is a picture of the mount by itself if you are curious.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

2016-11-23
Use props
fans8a18e8fe
New

United States

Could the mobile device holder be mounted upside down to allow viewing of the rc screen?
2016-11-26
Use props
smounic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44094 ft
United States

fans8a18e8fe Posted at 2016-11-27 02:22
Could the mobile device holder be mounted upside down to allow viewing of the rc screen?

You could, and I printed one out like that, but did not like it.  I get pretty much everything that is on the remote display on the iPad itself.  It also linked my neck a bit while flying.  In this way, I found it very natural to fly.
2016-11-26
Use props
Flyinhi
lvl.2
Canada

I ordered this one on Amazon. For 25 bucks delivered worth a try. Will let you know my thoughts once I have a chance to give it a go. I like the way the everything can be adjusted to give the best possible fit

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 1CT3J4XZ0CH3S&psc=1
Mavic mount.jpg
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules