Smart battery......!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebas0911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152024 ft

Canada

Hey good afternoon ppls

a simple question about p3a battery..they say we should discharge it till 8% every 20 flights or every 20 cycles of charges?

Thanks everyone
2016-11-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

And your question is??
2016-11-23
Use props
Sebas0911
lvl.3

Canada

Lol friend read again no? :p the question is up there :p .... we should make a complete discharge every 20 flights or every 20 cycle of charges?
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sebas0911, generally speaking, if there's nothing wrong with your battery, you don't need to discharge it manually.
Here is the video tutorial of battery maintenance for your reference.
2016-11-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They actually, recently recommended deep cycling every ten full charges... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-23
Use props
Sebas0911
lvl.3

Canada

Hi mindy thanks for this tutorial video i have watched it few times already. Im not a new pilot but its only that i had this question regarding the batteries.

And redhottt ur serious? Every 10 full charges? damn im now around 19 cycle on all my batteries and ive never did a deep cycling charge yet :-/
2016-11-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Just do it the next time you run them... ;-)
There was a great thread about these intelligent flight battery packs...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-38174-1-1.html

RedHotPoker

2016-11-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"they say we should discharge it till 8% every 20 flights or every 20 cycles of charges"

Who says this?
"They" say all sorts of things and a lot of it isn't true.
If you believe everything "they" say you'll do a lot of unnecessary things and some that are unsafe.
DJI don't say anything about discharging to 8% anywhere in the manual, battery safety guidelines or anywhere else I can find.
This is just another of many forum myths.

ps ... even if it was true, it wouldn't matter whether you did it every 20 flights or every 20 cycles of charges
2016-11-24
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Key thing to remember is a charge is not a charge cycle. If your battery is at 50% and you charege it upto full 100%. That would be half a cycle.If you charged it again from 50% to full, then that would count as 1 cycle.
They are smart batteries
2016-11-24
Use props
Sebas0911
lvl.3

Canada

In response to *Labroides* you shouldn't call "myths" things that you ignore just because you haven't read correctly the dji manual guide my friend cuz you will confuse people that come on here to learn more about their drone! For ur reference its in top of page 4 in the dji intelligent flight battery. You can download it from dji.com ;) and of course when i said "them" im talking about dji staff and not about people that start some myths tread! Have a good one buddy

* ya ya sorry for my bad english...this is not my language :-/
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules