Incredibly bad video downlink in open area. Video and photo inclu...
1411 13 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jordie84
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

I have been getting really bad transmission signal even at open areas. Worse was this happened during a job. I thought DJI would fix it seeing as soo many complaints on these forums, as well as the Facebook page for Phantom 4 owners. I've attached a picture of the location so you can see that it is an open area, no houses with wifi or large antennas or anything of the sort, it is mostly grass, lake and farm for horses and cows.

This terrible downlink is happening even at short distances (less than 100m sometimes). Unusable really. The recorded video is fine, but how do you manuever the drone when you cant see whats on the screen.

I am using the latest 1.8 RC firmware, the latest dji go app, and the aircraft and batteries are all updated to the latest firmware possible. Ipad mini 2. And i have tried the video caching on and off, its the same result anyway.

I never had problems like this a month ago, in fact, i even flew till 1km++ distance and it was fine then.

Anyways, any DJI staff here wants to help their customers with this?

<-- here is the video from the ipad mini 2. Soo bad.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 8.12.29 am.png
2016-11-25
Use props
sky drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

https://www.facebook.com/stefan.cachev.7/videos/1575196552494161/

beauty
2016-11-25
Use props
fansa31537f9
New
Flight distance : 709134 ft
United Kingdom

Could be radio waves interference from ham operators or near phone masts. Try 50 miles in another direction.
2016-11-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing I would try is rolling back the RC from V1.8 to 1.6 and reset/re-link.

Do you have an HDMI module fitted ?
2016-11-26
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Another member!

Def go back to RC 1.6.  Also use Custom channel and 4 mbps.
In my case, even with RC 1.6, I have to use custom channel (for me it's CH19) and the lowest 4mbps rate to minimize lag.
2016-11-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-11-26 14:11
Another member!

Def go back to RC 1.6.  Also use Custom channel and 4 mbps.

What happens when channel 19 has interference ?

2016-11-26
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-26 09:33
What happens when channel 19 has interference ?

I have flown many local areas in auto mode for over 150 hours.  I have noticed that the channel used using Litchi logs is always stuck at 19 (DJI is not providing this critical data point for whatever reason? and the CH is controlled by the firmware, not litchi, so I know it would be the same if I used DJI GO)

So in Auto Mode the channel only switched 2 times for a few seconds, then it went back to 19. I fly test missions first in each area in Auto mode.  Then I review the logs and if the channel was 19, then the next time I fly there I go Custom 19. This allows me to reduce the bit rate to 4 mbps.  You can not do so in Auto mode.  This is Bug no 2: we should be able t adjust the bit rate in Auto mode as well.

I know I posted my concern before, but I feel that the Auto Channel management on the P4 is very poor. Maybe that is the reason the dji logs do not show the channel used.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You noticed the image issue after firmware upgrading or anything else since it's working fine a month ago?
Have you turned on "Hardware decoding" and turn off all background programs before flying?
What your IOS system? and may I know have you changed mobile device to have a try?
2016-11-26
Use props
jordie84
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 15:08
You noticed the image issue after firmware upgrading or anything else since it's working fine a mont ...

Hardware decoding has been enabled and disabled, the results are the same. My iPad mini 2 has nothing else on it except for the apps that come with the standard IOS and DJI Go (It is dedicated to just being monitor for the Phantom 4), so nothing is ever on apart from DJI go app. I have not used my phone to control the Phantom 4 because there was many problems before with Samsung phones restarting.

Also, i stopped using the DJI go app on my phone since it also wrecked the Active Track on my Osmo Mobile recently after the latest "Update" (I have done the fix using older firmware),  so i prefer not risk it on the Phantom that i paid good money for.

I've also read through the forums here and it seems I am not the only one with this issue, but many many more people. You guys must know whats going on here.

IOS running version is 10.1.1, App version is 3.1.0.

I noticed this terrible video link since one of the updates between the RC, The Phantom 4 or the Software as within that 1 month, all those 3 were updated.

I  do not have any modules installed on the controller, it is standard controller straight out of the box.

I love your products as I think DJI are the best in the business in drones and gimbals but the updates really made the experience worrying.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jordie84 Posted at 2016-11-27 17:11
Hardware decoding has been enabled and disabled, the results are the same. My iPad mini 2 has nothi ...

Thank you so much for the details.
Have you tried to roll back the RC firmware to V1.6 as mentioned to check the performance?
2016-11-27
Use props
jordie84
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 17:22
Thank you so much for the details.
Have you tried to roll back the RC firmware to V1.6 as mentione ...

Not yet, I would really appreciate if you show me how I do this? I will try doing that and will test the phantom tomorrow. Hopefully it works.

Thanks DJI Natalia.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jordie84 Posted at 2016-11-27 17:27
Not yet, I would really appreciate if you show me how I do this? I will try doing that and will tes ...

Please connect your iPad to the remote, and make sure internet is great as well, run DJI GO APP, press on the "Hat" at the upper-right corner for about 5 seconds, you will get the information.
2016-11-27
Use props
jordie84
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 17:49
Please connect your iPad to the remote, and make sure internet is great as well, run DJI GO APP, p ...

Thank you soo much, it worked. I still had some transmission problems but only after around 1.3km away. It is much better now and very much usable for the shots i need. Hopefully the next RC update will make it so i can get to the max distance without any transmission loss.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jordie84 Posted at 2016-11-28 15:11
Thank you soo much, it worked. I still had some transmission problems but only after around 1.3km  ...

Glad to hear about the improvement, and thanks for your update.
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules