Hard Landing
1125 6 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My P3P crashed. Flying within 20 feet of a building my P3P stopped responding to my control inputs. Just clipped a palm leaf with the back rotor and spun in to a hard landing from about 10 feet in the air.

Replaced the ribbon cable just now and restored the camera image. P3P flys perfectly, telemetry good, GPS good.

Last problem : "Gimbal Gyro Error" - can't seem to clear that, replugged the 2 cables from the gimbal to the craft..

When adjusting the gimbal angle or trying to calibrate the gimbal I can hear a tiny bit of buzz from one or more of the servos, but they never move under power.

All parts move freely..

Not sure which board or cable to replace next.

thanks!

AH
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alexcmei, sorry to hear about the crash, to ensure the safety and guarantee the performance, it would be best to send it in for evaluation then get it fixed.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll help you create a case:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-11-27
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 18:52
Alexcmei, sorry to hear about the crash, to ensure the safety and guarantee the performance, it woul ...

The odd thing is, I did send it in once. The result was DJI wanted to replace everything, and charge me about the same as a refurb unit. Didn't check the flight log either.

Didn't like that.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Alexcmei Posted at 2016-12-5 07:00
The odd thing is, I did send it in once. The result was DJI wanted to replace everything, and char ...

Sorry for your unhappy experience.
While you could check the after-sales policy on DJI website: "Damage caused by improper installation and incorrect use or operation not in accordance with the official instructions or manuals" will not be covered by warranty.
Here is the website link:
http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2016-12-4
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-4 19:55
Sorry for your unhappy experience.
While you could check the after-sales policy on DJI website: "Damage caused by improper installation and incorrect use or operation not in accordance with the official instructions or manuals" will not be covered by warranty.
Here is the website link:

Good news. Everything is working. Turned out to be a loose ribbon cable is all, so I fixed it myself. Glad I didn't have to send it in a second time.

The camera works even better than my new Mavic, so that's reassuring that everything's back to normal.

thank you
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Alexcmei Posted at 2016-12-10 15:49
Good news. Everything is working. Turned out to be a loose ribbon cable is all, so I fixed it myself. Glad I didn't have to send it in a second time.

The camera works even better than my new Mavic, so that's reassuring that everything's back to normal.

Congratulations, glad to hear you made it, enjoy the flight!
2016-12-9
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

You are very lucky.   
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules