Best Mobile Device for DJI Phantom 3 Pro
2486 9 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KITKAT
New

United States

Hello,
I purchased a Phantom 3 Pro for my son.  What is the best mobile device to use with this drone?  Will it work with an LG5 - the phone he currently has?  We also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - will that work?  I'm sure these are dumb questions, but I am not at all tech savvy.  I see the list of recommended devices, just wondering if either of these will work.  If all else fails he can use my iPhone 6s or my husband's 6, but we'd really like for him to have his own device that is dedicated to the drone.

Thanks for any help!

2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love using the iPad Air2 64gb Cellular paired to my Phantom 3 Pro'.. That is my current dedicated device. A real workhorse.
I had wanted to upgrade to an iPad Air3 128gb Cellular, but Apple Corp., never released it as promised.

Try downloading the Go app to your particular devices and see how well they operate.

RedHotPoker

2016-11-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

DJI's list of devices seem to get smaller all of the time. I have tried many devices as well as others. I have tried the LG's but they seem to lag a bit. I borrowed an I-Phone 6S once and it worked real good. And like RedHotPoker says, the Ipad-Air 2 works well, but kind of pricey as far as I am concerned. You need to  have a device with good processor speed. I am thinking 1.6 GHZ or better. The Go app is a hog for processing. Not sure what you're I-phone is but I am thinking it is around 2.2 GHZ. I personally use a Nvidia Sheild 8" tablet, which is 1.8 GHZ, not a lot of money, and it works very well. Try out the devices that are available to you to see what works. Then you can decide if you want a bigger screen to view and go from there.
2016-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-11-29 08:46
DJI's list of devices seem to get smaller all of the time. I have tried many devices as well as othe ...

' And like RedHotPoker says, the Ipad-Air 2 works well, but kind of pricey as far as I am concerned. '

Buy one from a pawn shop, thats what I did.
2016-11-28
Use props
fans012aaaab
New

United States

I am a new person to this to and I sent dji a question if the device you want to use has to have cell service and they haven't responded as of yet could anyone answer this please
2016-11-30
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

fans012aaaab Posted at 2016-11-30 08:49
I am a new person to this to and I sent dji a question if the device you want to use has to have cel ...

No, the phone doesn't need cell service at all. Although you might want to connect up the phone to the Internet for activation (you have to do this one to use the App), updates, and Google map updates.
2016-11-30
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) and a Motorola Moto G3 (16GB). They both are fine although the J3 has about a 200ms lag in the live feed (these are not top of the line phones). Which I don't really find it to be a problem. As I save flying through trees and flying close to objects at high speeds for my racing quads.
2016-11-30
Use props
Big Bob White
lvl.1

United States

Ipad Air 2 is a fantastic choice I love mine, it has worked flawlessly for a year now through all kinds of updates.

Only thing is the original tablet bracket holder shakes like crazy.
Invest in a stability bracket I like the one with the wide foot (thats what I have) but there are many choices, just get one you will differently need one!
2016-11-30
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

It works flawlessly on my LG G5 paired with my Phantom 3 Pro
2016-11-30
Use props
KITKAT
New

United States

Thank you all for your help.  I'm sure we (my son and I) will be on here a lot.  Since he has no patience and I am not technical.  Thanks again!
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules