Camera Settings Dial
5035 5 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zzdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84062 ft
United States

How do you change what settings to control with Camera Settings Dial (the dial on the right)? On my controller, only EV can be changed in Auto, shutter in Manual mode.

On Phantom 4, the dial is also a button so you can press to switch the settings. The Mavic dial doesn't seem to be pressable.

2016-11-29
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

What else do you expect to change? It's a fixed aperature so you only have shutter speed to control. EV only matters when it's in auto since you're leaving the
software to estimate a correct exposure. Manual is well manual. You decide what the proper exposure is.
2016-11-29
Use props
zzdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84062 ft
United States

eyecapture Posted at 2016-11-29 13:44
What else do you expect to change? It's a fixed aperature so you only have shutter speed to control. ...

The manual seems to imply that ISO can be changed with the dial,

2016-11-29
Use props
doberdann1019
lvl.1

United States

zzdrone Posted at 2016-11-29 11:34
The manual seems to imply that ISO can be changed with the dial,

[view_image]

did you ever find an answer to this? you can set the custom buttons to "right dial iso/shutter control" but I cannot get it to adjust iso.
2017-3-3
Use props
Seamless Media
lvl.1
United States

I agree the custom button setting is not working as intended, here is a bullet point from a post I just made:
- Setting one of the C1/C2 buttons to change shutter/ISO, pressing does not toggle selection between the two for adjustment with the wheel as intended, it only beeps and pops up a tooltip onscreen. Desired operation is to be able to adjust shutter speed with right wheel, click C1 (or C2 if set), blue highlight will toggle from shutter to ISO, and wheel will now adjust ISO allowing for quick manual adjustment of exposure while in manual mode.
2017-3-5
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Seamless Media Posted at 2017-3-5 22:41
I agree the custom button setting is not working as intended, here is a bullet point from a post I just made:
- Setting one of the C1/C2 buttons to change shutter/ISO, pressing does not toggle selection between the two for adjustment with the wheel as intended, it only beeps and pops up a tooltip onscreen. Desired operation is to be able to adjust shutter speed with right wheel, click C1 (or C2 if set), blue highlight will toggle from shutter to ISO, and wheel will now adjust ISO allowing for quick manual adjustment of exposure while in manual mode.

This is what I did and it works good for me. Would be nice if you could control the EV compensation too and have all the manual camera settings like the P4 pro.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules