Kudos to DJI Service
1255 1 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

DJI gets quite a bit of flak for its service and I thought I'd post a positive message for a change. Soon after I got my two-controller system, it became evident that one of the controllers was faulty; see http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... ight.778/#post-7820

I wrote DJI and told them about the problem. I contacted them on the online-chat and via email. They started off with a series of diagnostic questions that were a trying as it was clear that people came on and off shifts and lost the context of what I was saying from time to time. Once they sort of figured I knew what I was talking about, they accepted the return promptly. I waited about a week for a replacement and at first they said they ran out of stock. That could not be since second remote controllers are on sale at multiple outlets (not TB 48s which are sold out within hours of being stocked anywhere).

I spoke to my wife who previously worked for a large US computer company and said that new sales are given priority over repairs and replacements in that organization. Undaunted, I wrote DJI and I was pleasantly surprised by Marco Ma (DJI Service Manager) who told me the replacement is on its way!

I contrast this to a situation when I first got started with the Phantom 1 and a H3-2D when that was new and when a crash took out a part and I had to wait 2 months for a replacement part. That was frustrating. Then the manuals were written in really poor English. The Inspire is a different deal. The rate at which this company is learning how to do things better is reminescent of the movie Transcendence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcendence_(2014_film). Happy Chinese New Year DJI - you have one happy customer.

2015-2-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Glad for this.
Thanks for all your kind words. The recognition of customers is our greatest driving force.  
Thanks again.
Fly safe!
2015-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules