P4P+ *** Various MINOR bugs I've experienced ***
984 10 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

The P4P+ is excellent.  I am in no way disappointed.  That said, I've found a couple issues that look easy to address:

1.  Map doesn't follow the drone - ever.  fullscreen, minimap.  Re-select the target button, select the drone.  Nope.
2.  Mini map doesn't zoom in/out or remember a zoom level after coming out of fullscreen map - makes it even MORE useless with the combination of HERE

3. Shows "RAW" after P4P auto-reverted to JPG after a power cycle.  Re-selecting RAW format then shows correct number of shots available (1800 RAW vs. 7000 JPG in my case) - it's reverting to JPG after a power cycle but showing RAW!

4. MPH (Imperial) is selected, but it's showing speeds consistent with KPH.  I somehow hit 17MPH climbing in P-MODE (vertical speed) and over 67MPH horizontal speed in SPORT!  Mavic did this.

5. P4P+ built-in screen HDMI toggle in Notification panel reverts to ON after a power cycle, even if previously OFF

6. Tripod Mode is missing - SOLVED
7. Draw mode is missing - SOLVED

8.  The internal clock is wrong in the P4P.  Files on the micro-SD card say "yesterday" and the time is -16 hours, so my P4P thinks it's in China.  
9.  Lightroom shows the altitude as -21.4 feet or something.  HERE is a photo ran thru LR - taken 1 minute before sunset - NOT BAD!  altitude was 200+ feet AGL

*** I plugged-in to DJI Assistant 2.  It said I have November 3rd's firmware x150.  Newest is November 25th's firmware x201.  It adds the AR route tapfly for reverse tapfly, draw, tripod, increases maneuvering speed during spotlight, and support for mechanical shutter (I thought I noticed some electronic shutter 'stuff').  The app (P4P+ built-in) said "Latest firmware".

-END-

2016-12-1
Use props
fansb3389266
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120318 ft

Greece

nice work done!!!
2016-12-1
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Well there you have it DJI, just get back Google Maps and point 1. & 2. of OP will be successfully fixed
2016-12-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tripod mode is missing? The only mode, other than Beginner, which uses the side infrared sensors?
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-1 14:16
Tripod mode is missing? The only mode, other than Beginner, which uses the side infrared sensors? {: ...

LOL, right?  So I haven't tried those out yet.  I skipped beginner mode as I found its limitations too risky, actually.  Too many trees & stuff around.  Last thing I need is to fly around a bit & keep flying forward whilst thinking it's going to make it over a tree since I'm simultaneously increasing the altitude stick but it reaches a max altitude.  Make sense?
2016-12-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-2 09:22
LOL, right?  So I haven't tried those out yet.  I skipped beginner mode as I found its limitations ...

Max altitude in Beginner mode (which is quite low)? Yes, makes sense... That caught me out when I first tried out my P4 too. Couldn't work out how to get out of Beginner mode fast enough.
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

I added a few things and a picture.  It's taken from 200-something feet, but EXIF shows -21.4 feet and a capture date of 16 hours prior (even though I JUST took it).
2016-12-1
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs to get hot on fixing these items!
However, it is good to hear that THESE are the WORST things (so far) about DJI GO 4.
2016-12-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-12-2 02:33
DJI needs to get hot on fixing these items!
However, it is good to hear that THESE are the WORST th ...

I successfully updated the firmware on the P4P to the latest USING AN EL CAPITAN MAC.  It 'fixed' the missing Tripod/Draw modes.  I can't fly the drone just now, but I'll obviously check all the other stuff (& anything new).

*DJI GO 4 did not inform of the firmware update.  It even says "Latest Firmware!" on the status screen.  So unless you plug this into a computer, you're not going to know about an update.  
2016-12-2
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated the aircraft and remote through dji go 4 and my ipad air 2
2016-12-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-12-2 13:16
I updated the aircraft and remote through dji go 4 and my ipad air 2

OK, I flew it & Tripod Mode worked great.  Draw works, but I'm going to have to find a REAL use for it to evaluate properly.

Tripod Mode said EXACTLY 5.6MPH (zero wind at all altitudes today here), BUT the top speed in SPORT also said 67MPH+, which is wrong.  That stinks - Mavic did this too.
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules