Anyone looking for a car charger?
955 7 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

I have a car charger that I do not want.   I bought it expecting be able to charge the batteries with the engine of the vehicle not running, not the case.  Figured I would offer it to anyone on here if they want it before I just return it to where I got it from.  $49+ride.  Feedback on eBay is kandersonn
2016-12-2
Use props
JH3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 688894 ft
Australia

I'm buying one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DC-12 ... :g:UZsAAOSwepZXRSws
in hope it will then let me charge with the engine off.

I already tried a smaller one which claimed 150w and 8 amp. but it obviously wasn't enough, because the charger needs 9amps it says on the bottom.

2016-12-3
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

won't it be more cost effective to purchase another battery than the car charger? You're putting unnecessary drain on your car battery and not to much almost 2hrs to charge a single battery.
2016-12-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-5 06:01
won't it be more cost effective to purchase another battery than the car charger? You're putting unnecessary drain on your car battery and not to much almost 2hrs to charge a single battery.

I like the car charger to bring while traveling. Or if you forgot to charge your battery and wanted to get somewhere by a certain time, battery is at 70% and you have a 45 min drive, plug your battery in and top it off on your way.
2016-12-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-5 06:01

Can you buy another battery for the RC or your Phone?
The charging of those two items shouldnt drain the car battery as the OP is concerned about.
2016-12-5
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

The only reason I bought the car charger is for when I'm not by 110 volt outlet for an extended period of time.  My buddies and I go camping with our Jetskis quite often and usually don't have electric, would have been great if I could have plugged the charger into the truck and let it charge.  Instead I have to let it run to charge, and at that point my truck has a 110v outlet built in but it also needs to be running for that to work, so might as well just use that.
2016-12-6
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-12-5 18:58
Can you buy another battery for the RC or your Phone?
The charging of those two items shouldnt drain the car battery as the OP is concerned about.

it would be cheaper and smarter to buy a 20,000mAh battery off of amazon for about $25-35 to recharge batteries on the go.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules