Can't get brand new P3 batteries to charge
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drumzone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493681 ft
United States

I purchased 2 new Phantom 3 batteries from B & H a few months ago. I fully charged and used both of them once and now when I plug them into my charger it shows the process starting but then after 2 cycles through the four light bars it then goes to one bar blinking. I've tried several different things to get them to charge but nothing seems to work! Has anyone else had this problem? I was able to put them into my AC and boot it up so that they are updated with the latest firmware but that didn't change anything.
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Merlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Have you allowed them to sit like that for any length of time, it may be that the 'smart tech' in the battery is balancing the cells and you are disconnecting them too soon to give it a chance to balance them! Just a thought, but odd it is happening to 2 new batteries.
2016-12-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Normally, a single lioght blinking means it is charging and the battery is pretty low in charge at that point.
2016-12-3
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Maybe the batteries need a firmware update? I'm curious too as I just got a charging hub and spare battery for my birthday.
2016-12-3
Use props
drumzone
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all for the different suggestions and comments. They definitely have the latest firmware update but I will try and leave them on the charger longer as suggested.
It's strange to me though that when I first plug them in they have the typical four bar 'scroll' (one bar at a time) but only go through that cycle two times and then the first bar just starts blinking fast like you get when they are too warm to charge.
2016-12-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You might try turning the battery on first then placing it on the charger.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

drumzone Posted at 2016-12-4 12:24
Thank you all for the different suggestions and comments. They definitely have the latest firmware update but I will try and leave them on the charger longer as suggested.
It's strange to me though that when I first plug them in they have the typical four bar 'scroll' (one bar at a time) but only go through that cycle two times and then the first bar just starts blinking fast like you get when they are too warm to charge.

May I know how about the performance now? it can be charged normally?
If still the same case, please upload a short video here showing which led is flashing, thanks.
2016-12-5
Use props
drumzone
lvl.1
United States

So I left them on the charger for a longer time and bingo...they are now both fully charged!
They seem to have a faster blinking LED then my original P3 batteries and that's why I thought they weren't charging properly or were being rejected by the charger.
On my original batteries the fast blinking single LED usually meant that I need to let them cool down a bit before attempting to charge.
Thank you all again for the suggestions and comments.
2016-12-5
Use props
DT6219
New

United States

Battery issue

I purchase the Phantom 3 Pro. Received the Unit a few days ago. Plugged in the Battery and left it for 4 hrs. First LED light was solid Second LED WAS FLASHING. Thats all I get.
SO I went to Best Buy last Night after dealing with Tech Support in the Phillipines WITH NO success and bought another Battery. Plugged that in over Night. Went to (2) solid LEDS and Thats it. HOW DO I GET THESE BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED. Its very Frustrating. I'm very close to returning the entire Unit! I've seen some Youtube Videos with the Same issue.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules