Litchi in P4 Pro +???
3278 4 2016-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

Does DJI cripple the P4Pro+ remote to prevent the installation of Litchi?
2016-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have litchi included p4p in its app yet ?
2016-12-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I gathered in the attached screen plus version, you cannot add Litchi as it is a locked Android system with fixed memory for just their GO app.   I don't think DJI has passed out the SDK to Litchi for the P4 Pro model nor the Inspire 2 for use on normal tablets and phones yet.  Some report Litchi launches, but question the flight part.

Personally, I'd buy the non-screen version if you want to add the autoflight apps as well as sundry drone apps like weather, B4UFly, etc.,  but then there could be the video lag matters too vs. their screen model.  BUT I would only buy it after they get all the sundry bugs out of their current stuff (IMU) and GO 4 bugs with the recorded flight's "partial screen" playback matter.

Okay, I'll add a local store where I can take it back and say, "Gimme another one of these beta model things."  I don't want to waste time sending it to wherever if they don't have an idea or fix as to why these current things are so screwed up for a lot of folk along with sundry "Did'ja try this..?"   Nikon pulled that stunt with their early models of their $3,600 (then) D800 camera where one side of the focus sensors were way off from the other side resulting in mass focus errors, and that mess lasted for 8 months to a year before they got a handle on it to fix it right in production as well as repair.

2016-12-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-5 06:12
I gathered in the attached screen plus version, you cannot add Litchi as it is a locked Android syst ...

Agree  - if you want to use 3rd-party apps then you should buy the P4P. Too risky otherwise...

And I spoke with VC Tech last week and they confirmed that they don't have the DJI SDK with support for P4P yet. We'll be restricted to DJI GO for a little time more.
2016-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-4 19:42
I gathered in the attached screen plus version, you cannot add Litchi as it is a locked Android syst ...

Dji are usually quick to send SDK out, it was very quick with Mavic, suppose we will have to wait and see maybe new attached screen is holding this up, I imagine it will get sorted soon ,
I get my p4p tomorrow, no screen but would hope to purchase large screen crystalsky, if they ever get around to producing them...
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules