Dynamic Home Point Help!
939 6 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bosse.andrew.gm
lvl.2

United States

So I took my P2V+ out to test a few items, the first being dynamic home point. I am operating in Naza mode and have dynamic home point on on the app I use as well. When I switched to fail safe the drone returned to where I originally stood about 150 ft. from where I currently was. So I turned it off and back on again and the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
2015-2-10
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Was GPS enabled on your phone?
2015-2-10
Use props
bosse.andrew.gm
lvl.2

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-2-11 08:30
Was GPS enabled on your phone?

Yes. I think I needed to flick S2 up and down 5 times. Can anyone verify
2015-2-10
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

No, the Home Position in DHP is set by the location of your phone as determined by the phone's GPS.  GPS must be enabled, and airplane mode may shut it off if used.
2015-2-10
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

bosse.andrew.gm Posted at 2015-2-11 08:32
Yes. I think I needed to flick S2 up and down 5 times. Can anyone verify

S2 toggled in NAZA working mode will set the Home point or Course Lock Heading (or both if you toggle full stroke).

Toggled quickly 5 time each, Top to middle sets Course Lock, middle to bottom sets Home.
2015-2-10
Use props
bosse.andrew.gm
lvl.2

United States

I have an iPhone 6 and I know my GPS was enabled so that is what threw me off. I would like to avoid having to remember to flick S2 5 times to change my home point and just have dynamic home point on on the app and have it land wherever I am when failsafe is enabled.
2015-2-10
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

bosse.andrew.gm Posted at 2015-2-11 08:50
I have an iPhone 6 and I know my GPS was enabled so that is what threw me off. I would like to avoid ...

Well, I'm not sure where it would show on the iPhone, but when you set DHP active, and are ready to fly with all systems on and connected, you should have a GPS icon on your phone's screen to indicate that the GPS is active.  You need to check this before messing with anything else.

Like I said, the DHP is set by the phone, not the bird.
2015-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules