Gimbal Problems PLS HELP!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liquidkiller1
lvl.1

Vietnam

So i was flying my phantom 3 standard and then i hit a tree so it crashed! I managed to recover it and clean it up but when i start it the gimbal went crazy, it was spinning around then it gave me a gimbal overload message! Finally it stop spinning and it was pointing up ward to the left, i don't know what to do so i search it up and found a few guide but it didnt help! Now my P3 camera is stuck looking up! PLS help me!

(p.s i tried the gimbal calibration already)
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash,Liquidkiller1.
I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-4
Use props
Liquidkiller1
lvl.1

Vietnam

Thanks but is there an alternative way to fix this rather than sending it in for repair? I don't want to spend more money on this repair because usually a gimbal repair cost a lot of money!
2016-12-4
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

well ill tell you from experience....unless you are 100% capable of doing an electronics board/cable fix i would send it to DJI. FIRST! they wont charge you a dime unless you accept it. They will send you a quote for the fix and if you don't like it they will send it back to you. This is useful for more than one reason. the biggest in my opinion is that DJI will tell you EVERYTHING that they know is wrong with the drone. even if you think its just the gimbal it might be one of the boards in the actual phantom body. This goes hand in hand with the second reason. Not only do you get to make the final call but if you take it anywhere else for the fix, you now have a ballpark estimate as to how much it should cost and, going back to reason 1, you know what needs to be fixed and what doesn't. And ill trust DJI to give me a full evaluation on their drone.

I replaced my own gimbal and man was it a hassle. If you do decide to do it yourself, i recommend a tiny screwdriver set, i bought one from home depot for like 10 USD and a magnetic mat. Draw squares on the mat so you can designate where you pulled the screws from. I rebuilt mine and ended up with 4 extras screws...don't be like me. haha
2016-12-5
Use props
Liquidkiller1
lvl.1

Vietnam

Jtahan Posted at 2016-12-6 03:02
well ill tell you from experience....unless you are 100% capable of doing an electronics board/cable fix i would send it to DJI. FIRST! they wont charge you a dime unless you accept it. They will send you a quote for the fix and if you don't like it they will send it back to you. This is useful for more than one reason. the biggest in my opinion is that DJI will tell you EVERYTHING that they know is wrong with the drone. even if you think its just the gimbal it might be one of the boards in the actual phantom body. This goes hand in hand with the second reason. Not only do you get to make the final call but if you take it anywhere else for the fix, you now have a ballpark estimate as to how much it should cost and, going back to reason 1, you know what needs to be fixed and what doesn't. And ill trust DJI to give me a full evaluation on their drone.

I replaced my own gimbal and man was it a hassle. If you do decide to do it yourself, i recommend a tiny screwdriver set, i bought one from home depot for like 10 USD and a magnetic mat. Draw squares on the mat so you can designate where you pulled the screws from. I rebuilt mine and ended up with 4 extras screws...don't be like me. haha

OK thanks dude, your comment is very helpful. I will try to send it in for repair because i am not very good at fixing electronics
2016-12-5
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

Liquidkiller1 Posted at 2016-12-5 21:52
OK thanks dude, your comment is very helpful. I will try to send it in for repair because i am not very good at fixing electronics

Best of luck! Glad i could help!
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules