Travel with drone : where do you put the Radio ? in Cabin?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse25e50b1
lvl.2
France

Hi,

I will go to indonesia, I will carry my drone.

The question is, where do you put the Radio ? In Luggage or cabin ?

Thanks

2016-12-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It doesn't matter much for the controller.
But it's important that the batteries only go in your carry-on luggage.
2016-12-5
Use props
fanse25e50b1
lvl.2
France

Ok for the Battery, BUT are they not afraid by the RC with the antenna ?

Thanks !
2016-12-5
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

ive taken mine on a plane twice now. Customs did not even bat an eye at the drone each time which i keep in the hardshell case with the controller. I don't think you plan on using the controller on the plane so you shouldn't have any issues with that. Just keep it all stored and away and no one will give you an issue. DON'T place it in your checked baggage either. Same thing goes for the controller (since it has a battery) as your phantoms batteries.
2016-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you have the DJI branded hardshell backpack, or a similar arrangement the RC, smart device and several intelligent flight battery packs can all be carried together.

That would be my method of transporting and keeping my valued flight kit intact, on train, plane or ship cruise. The whole flight kit must be accessible at a moments notice.

What if your stowed luggage ever got misplaced or God forbid, lost in transit. You would be without a valuable kit component, and unable to fly.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-5
Use props
marvzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

I recommend getting a case to keep everything together and protect them while travelling.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules