Battery Contact Cleaning
1390 2 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeatlincoln
lvl.2

United States

This subject has probably already been covered but I thought I would ask to be sure. Somewhere I read that people perform periodic maintainance on their battery contacts using this product:  Hosa Cable D5S6 Deoxit Contact Cleaner Spray

If so then how often and what is the proceedure? I'm sure you don't spray this directly on the contacts.

Mike

2015-2-10
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Probably use a Q-tip, and as often as you want.  I probably would not spray it into the contact slots on the battery but read the cleaner label.  Hit the spade connectors and spring pins in the Phantom, and the 2 little copper/brass pin contact plates on the battery.  Maybe even the spade connectors on the charger too.

If they aren't getting dirty, you can probably go a bit longer between cleanings
2015-2-10
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

I have not cleaned the connectors on the phantom yet but I have in other electronics. I would get something small with a flat square end and gently push on the pins to see if they stick and check their range of motion. Then I would put some contact cleaner on a q-tip and rub down the contact pins. Then check them again to make sure they still extend correctly. The hosa cleaner should be good but make sure it doesn't eat plastic. Some contact cleaners eat anything but metal
2015-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules