Control help
767 6 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gabef
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I recently sent in my Phantom 2 Vision Plus for repair by DJI to fix the live feed issue everybody is having. I recieved the drone a week ago and was just able to test it yesterday. Sure enough, there was another problem:

I calibrated my drone as well as the remote and tested the drone. Here is the issue - After takeoff, the drone goes to the right. When I try to correct it by moving the stick left, the drone flies left. The problem is when I let go of the stick on the remote control, the drone continues to fly in that direction. If I move the stick right for example, the drone keeps going to the right even after I let go of the remote control stick.

Please help!

2016-12-5
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Without a video of the problem its hard to tell.
Are you in ATTI mode ?
When you say it keeps going, do you mean forever or just a few feet ?
Did you do an IMU calibration on a level surface ?
What are the rear LED's showing ?
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

In addition, please check the propellers and motors, make sure they are fine.
Then calibrate compass as well.
If still the same case, please describe the environment, such as wind.
2016-12-6
Use props
gabef
lvl.1

United States

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-5 16:51
Without a video of the problem its hard to tell.
Are you in ATTI mode ?
When you say it keeps going, do you mean forever or just a few feet ?

What is ATTI mode? The drone will go forever unless I correct back the other way in which case it flies the other way forever. I move the stick left and the drone goes left. I let go of the stick and the stick goes back to the middle/"idle" position but the drone continues to fly to the left. I don't remeber what the rear leds are showing - It is also hard to take a video of the situation because I don't want to risk crashing the drone. I did an advanced calibration via my computer on a level basemnt floor in my house.
2016-12-6
Use props
gabef
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-6 05:44
In addition, please check the propellers and motors, make sure they are fine.
Then calibrate compass as well.
If still the same case, please describe the environment, such as wind.

The props and motors are fine. I calibrate the compass which included the Home Point setup before I take off. Also, I did an advanced and basic calibration with the drone on my computer. The weather is ideal for flying. This is clearly a control issue.
2016-12-6
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

When connected to your computer using the PT2 assistant, click basic then RC, you can then confirm the control movements making sure they return to the mid point when you let go of the sticks.
This should show any problems with the transmitter.
If the sliders move smoothly fully left and right and return to the centre then you can discount the transmitter side of things.
As you don't know what ATTI mode is, I guess you are flying in Phantom mode ?
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Since you have done all the troubleshooting, maybe you need contact our tech support again to send both remote and drone in for further evaluation and test. Really sorry for the trouble caused.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules