Sample images in DNG format
1942 12 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I'm the QA manager for ON1 Software.  We develop photography software for the Mac and PC.  We want to fully support dji cameras in our next release.  It would be a huge help for me if I could get some test files in Raw (DNG) format from dji cameras.  I don't need any JPGs since the file format of all JPGs are pretty much the same.  Also, I don't care about the subject matter of the photos.  Your best or worst photos would be a big help as long as they are in the native, unedited, raw format.  I think the raw format for dji cameras is DNG but I'm not certain.
Thanks in advance and best regards,
John

2016-12-5
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

In case anyone wonders, ON1 is for real, a respected developer.
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

What do you want?  ISO range?  F-stop?  "none" for color?  RAWs are DNG, yes.  They're about 40MB (Mac shows) each!  It's nice today, but freezing temps - I can still sit it outside & shoot, however!  
2016-12-6
Use props
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-6 12:06
What do you want?  ISO range?  F-stop?  "none" for color?  RAWs are DNG, yes.  They're about 40MB (Mac shows) each!  It's nice today, but freezing temps - I can still sit it outside & shoot, however!

We are for real.  This is no BS.  I want a variety of DNG's.  That's the nature of testing.  The greater the variety the better.  I already got a few from another forum member and they were really helpful.  Regarding the file size I can create a Dropbox share where they can be uploaded.  The file size is impractical for emailing.

Thanks,
John
2016-12-7
Use props
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

gvgeorge Posted at 2016-12-6 11:17
In case anyone wonders, ON1 is for real, a respected developer.

Thanks for vouching for us.  I understand people having a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to the web.  Our forthcoming product, ON1 Photo RAW 2017, will be awesome for editing DNG photos from DJI cameras as well as JPGs.  Best of all we don't require a subscription.  That's enough for a sales pitch!  
Thanks again, John
2016-12-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

John_OR Posted at 2016-12-7 09:28
Thanks for vouching for us.  I understand people having a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to the web.  Our forthcoming product, ON1 Photo RAW 2017, will be awesome for editing DNG photos from DJI cameras as well as JPGs.  Best of all we don't require a subscription.  That's enough for a sales pitch!  
Thanks again, John

I sent you a link in a PM.  

I can't wait to use the new 2017 software from you guys!
2016-12-7
Use props
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-7 11:00
I sent you a link in a PM.  

I can't wait to use the new 2017 software from you guys!

Your files all look good in our application.  You guys will have an affordable alternative to Lightroom/Photoshop in a couple more weeks.  We also work well with Lightroom and Photoshop for those who prefer that workflow.
2016-12-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

John_OR Posted at 2016-12-7 11:44
Your files all look good in our application.  You guys will have an affordable alternative to Lightroom/Photoshop in a couple more weeks.  We also work well with Lightroom and Photoshop for those who prefer that workflow.

Sorry I felt rushed...  It's really cold out, so I'm worried about the drone.  Plus I'm shivering (I loathe the cold).

It's also duck season (really it's ANY season if you have a gun and don't care apparently) & I'm not too sure about some of the rednecks 'round these parts, if you know what I mean.  I seriously have tried to NOT stay in 1 spot too long.  Perhaps more experience will change that.  It's just nerve-racking when I can actually HEAR the shooting.
2016-12-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

John_OR Posted at 2016-12-7 11:44

Hey, what's the altitude show in your application?  LR shows stuff like -21.4ft and 155ft, for example.  Pretty much ALL of the shots are 200+ feet (about 226-255ft up).  You can see sea level in the pictures, so I'm guessing that's about 300 mean sea level.

2016-12-7
Use props
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-7 12:00
Hey, what's the altitude show in your application?  LR shows stuff like -21.4ft and 155ft, for example.  Pretty much ALL of the shots are 200+ feet (about 226-255ft up).  You can see sea level in the pictures, so I'm guessing that's about 300 mean sea level.

Hmm, that's an interesting problem.  We don't display the altitude in our application, only longitude and latitude.  That was a design decision more than anything else.  We preserve the data, just don't have a field that displays it.
I opened your files in several other applications though and they also display bogus altitude readings.  It looks like the values in the metadata within the file are just wrong.  Clearly you weren't 40 meters underground.  
I wonder if other people are having the same problem.  
2016-12-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

John_OR Posted at 2016-12-7 14:18
Hmm, that's an interesting problem.  We don't display the altitude in our application, only longitude and latitude.  That was a design decision more than anything else.  We preserve the data, just don't have a field that displays it.
I opened your files in several other applications though and they also display bogus altitude readings.  It looks like the values in the metadata within the file are just wrong.  Clearly you weren't 40 meters underground.  
I wonder if other people are having the same problem.

Well on that note, what does your application show for capture time?  Lightroom shows THAT correctly, but Finder (Mac) shows "Yesterday 5:30pm" or something (I think 16 hours behind)...  Even though I just took the images and I'm located less than 4 hours north of you.

*Displaying the capture altitude would be extremely useful for a flying camera drone.  Please reconsider.  
2016-12-7
Use props
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-7 14:57
Well on that note, what does your application show for capture time?  Lightroom shows THAT correctly, but Finder (Mac) shows "Yesterday 5:30pm" or something (I think 16 hours behind)...  Even though I just took the images and I'm located less than 4 hours north of you.

*Displaying the capture altitude would be extremely useful for a flying camera drone.  Please reconsider.

For your DJI_0011.dng file our app shows the capture time as Dec 4, 2016 - 9:35:14 AM.  That's also what I see in Adobe Bridge.
2016-12-8
Use props
John_OR
lvl.1

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-7 14:57

FYI, I passed the request to show the altitude on to our product manger.  The request seems reasonable to me.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules