Wrong meta data in AEB
1488 10 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LitlBitl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2030666 ft
Poland

I noticed that metadata in AEB pictures is wrong in P4Pro. It shows the same exposure time for each picture. The only parameters that changes is the exposure bias. While that might be ok for compositing programs, it is surely not correct. In Inspire and X3 camera it was correct - the exposure time was different in each AEB photo. Can this be fixed?

At the moment we have no idea if the Exposure bias +1.3V was achieved by increasing ISO or exposure time...
2016-12-5
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

It's not a problem with the Metadata, I believe that the P4P is actually shooting the first photo at the proper exposure, but in the other 4 shots the ISO gets bumped up and a much faster shutter speed is used.

I just did a some brackets at night, and if you look at the cars on the road you can see that the exposure time does not correspond with the light trail, and thus to what the exposure data is supposed to be.

The base exposure is:

ISO 100 / f/2.8 / 4.0 sec

So if my calculations are correct the other 4 exposures should be on the Shutter side:

- 2/3 - 3 sec
   + 2/3 - 6 sec
- 1 1/3 - 2 sec
+ 1 1/3 - 8 sec

But as you will see in the photos below the light trails on the photos correspond to a much faster shutter speed, you can see that the base exposure that was acyually 4 seconds, you have long light trails, in the other photos you don't.

Base Exposure - 4 sec

Base Exposure - 4 sec

- 2/3 - Should be about 3 sec

- 2/3 - Should be about 3 sec

+ 2/3 - Should be about 6 sec

+ 2/3 - Should be about 6 sec

- 1 1/3 - Should be about 2 sec

- 1 1/3 - Should be about 2 sec

+ 1 1/3 - Should be about 8 sec

+ 1 1/3 - Should be about 8 sec
2016-12-15
Use props
fans0d31b435
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4501411 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're definitely onto something here.  I first noticed this after using AEB to capture three exposures.  When I tried to merge the photos in Adobe Lightroom it kept acting like the photos couldn't be merged.  When I used a second program to merge them, HDR Efex Pro 2, it actually gave me a warning message that it couldn't merge the photos to make a HDR image because the "exposure information on the photos was the same".

Hopefully there will be a fix to this bad EXIF data that is getting populated during the AEB operation.  I've never encountered this issue with any of my other DJI aircraft (P4, Mavic, etc.)
2016-12-15
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I would like for someone from DJI respond to this problem...
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hvilorio Posted at 2016-12-28 11:31
I would like for someone from DJI respond to this problem...

Could you please upload the original images from SD card to dropbox and send me the link?
Our engineers will help to check it.
2016-12-27
Use props
Draken413o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 678346 ft
Singapore

Ive reported this to dji via email and also about the first aeb exposure being the brightest regardless of the exposure bias and they replied that they could replicate the problem and the engineering team is working on the solution.
2016-12-29
Use props
Rob8888
lvl.2
New Zealand

Reported this several times, and sent files a few weeks back.  Really hope this is addressed soon.  Ideally we'd be given a chance to set EV offsets too.
2016-12-31
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 22:54
Could you please upload the original images from SD card to dropbox and send me the link?
Our engineers will help to check it.

I just saw this reply, I will upload the originals tomorrow and send you the dropbox link.  
2017-1-4
Use props
fanscde74441
lvl.1
Australia

I have only had my Mavic for two weeks and I was playing with the AEB feature and when I imported them to Lightroom I noticed the shutter speed did not make any sense.

2017-4-17
Use props
fanscde74441
lvl.1
Australia

fanscde74441 Posted at 2017-4-17 21:49
I have only had my Mavic for two weeks and I was playing with the AEB feature and when I imported them to Lightroom I noticed the shutter speed did not make any sense.

2017-4-17
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0d31b435 Posted at 2016-12-15 21:47
You're definitely onto something here.  I first noticed this after using AEB to capture three exposures.  When I tried to merge the photos in Adobe Lightroom it kept acting like the photos couldn't be merged.  When I used a second program to merge them, HDR Efex Pro 2, it actually gave me a warning message that it couldn't merge the photos to make a HDR image because the "exposure information on the photos was the same".

Hopefully there will be a fix to this bad EXIF data that is getting populated during the AEB operation.  I've never encountered this issue with any of my other DJI aircraft (P4, Mavic, etc.)

Indeed, I have experienced this discrepancy
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules