return to home questoin
804 13 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thegus
lvl.1

United States

hello, i tricked the phantom 4 on my android phone into thinking it was in new Zealend that way i would get fcc mode instead of ce mode. My one questoin is if i lose signal will the drone try to return to were it took off or will it try to get to new Zealend. Also, how come i lose signal after abot 2000 feet somtimes less. i dont live in a city or heavy populated area and antenas are perpendicular to drone.

2016-12-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No it won't try to go to New Zealand. Why would it, and if it did, where in New Zealand? It will return to where it last registered its RTH position, most often that is where it took off from. When you say you lose signal at 2000 feet, are you getting this with the aircraft directly above you, because thatr is the worst place for signal loss.
2016-12-5
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

If it tries to fly from USA to New Zealand in a straight line then it will find a planet in the way, I wonder if the obstacle avoidance works with planets?
2016-12-5
Use props
thegus
lvl.1

United States

no i mean 2000 feet away im honestly disappointed
though
2016-12-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why did you need to trick anything, are you not in USA and therefore FCC ? That is determined by the aircraft GPS apparently.
2016-12-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2016-12-5
Use props
thegus
lvl.1

United States

ive seen that video and thats what i do i was getting the drone to go into fcc mode to get longer range
2016-12-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-6 09:14
Why did you need to trick anything, are you not in USA and therefore FCC ? That is determined by the aircraft GPS apparently.

Good point, New Zealand is CE anyway. And you cannot trick the aircraft into thinking it is in New Zealand anyway, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the phone. The aircraft works it out using the on-board GPS receiver.
2016-12-5
Use props
thegus
lvl.1

United States

you shore because on a different forum it said fcc
2016-12-5
Use props
thegus
lvl.1

United States

i think i got mixed up so never mind the return home question but what about my range. Could it be the phone im using
2016-12-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thegus Posted at 2016-12-6 09:21
you shore because on a different forum it said fcc

Do you believe everything you see on forums? No, NZ is a CE zone, and it would not have worked anyway, see my answer above.
2016-12-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thegus Posted at 2016-12-5 22:22
i think i got mixed up so never mind the return home question but what about my range. Could it be the phone im using

Check the video in post 6, that might help improve range.
2016-12-5
Use props
thegus
lvl.1

United States

ok thanks that would mak emore sence.
2016-12-5
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Don't believe anything you read on the forums, yeah exactly those forums when folks find a minor problem with any dji drone and say to wait for the Phantom 5 or 6

And no, you can't trick it, since it uses it's own GPS Module
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules