DJI Go App
1299 10 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anderman
New

United States

Seems that the DJI go APP is using all my phone battery even when not opening the app.  I understand that I can kill the app or force stop it but does anyone else have this issue?  
2016-12-5
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Yes, I think everybody have complained about that one. At least it seems like everyone. I heard the Apple version doesn't do that. I use Windows phones nowadays for my phone so my Androids are only used for flying. So it really doesn't effect me.
2016-12-5
Use props
Anderman
New

United States

I did visit with support on this and they say no one has this issue.  They have never heard of it.  If I am not alone maybe everyone should bring it to their attention.
2016-12-5
Use props
Anderman
New

United States

So they can fix it.
2016-12-5
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Hmmm... so they really said that, eh? Interesting. The comments on Google Play is loaded full of this App drains the battery when not used.
2016-12-5
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

This has been an issue for me since day 1.  Part of my "internal" checklist is to force close the app the second I am done with it.  Otherwise it will run the cpu at 100% until my phone is dead.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Merlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I have a tablet that is used solely for flying my P3S, no other apps run other than DJI Go. I have not noticed a significantly high drain on the battery.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans042eb1b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177516 ft
United States

I always force stop the app after I use it. It will drain my battery if I don't. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
2016-12-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I can fly my Phantom 3 Pro, with multiple intelligent flight packs (4) using the dedicated iPad Air2 Cellular, leaving
plenty of battery left in my iPad Air2 for several more. No wonder it is one of the preferred devices to pair with a DJI drone. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-6
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

fans042eb1b5 Posted at 2016-12-7 08:41
I always force stop the app after I use it. It will drain my battery if I don't. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Yeah, but does the background service start back up after say, 3-5 minutes? I'll bet DJI is secretly data mining!
2016-12-6
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I think that they have debunked that about phones. Closing apps and running apps shouldn't drain your battery. Not unless you're streaming video or something.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules