setting up video storage.
1448 3 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sailinghappysil
lvl.1

United States

Completely new to all of this.

Can someone explain to me how/where/when I can set up video storage on the mavic/dji go app/phone?  Or point me in the direction of a video/webpage that explains the options and procedure.

I seem to have some stuff showing up on sd card.  Some on go app editor. sometimes I don't end up with the video that I though I had recorded?  not sure why it stops recording?

I need a lot of help and am not sure where to turn?

Thanks,

Steve
2016-12-5
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

everything you record will be on the sd card. Take the footage from the sd card to your computer and then clear the sd card so you have room for the next time.  
2016-12-5
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steve,
   As VisualKaos indicates, the DJI aircraft are similar to consumer point & click cameras. They have a removable SD card that records the photos and videos per the camera settings configured in the GO App. The Mavic comes with a 16GB micro SD card and you may buy and use up to 64GB micro SD cards. After capturing shots, you may use the GO App to transfer these to your mobile device, or you can connect a usb cable to the Mavic and transfer the files to your PC. Because these files are large, most folks remove the SD card from the Mavic and simply manually transfer the pictures/videos to their PC or Mac.The DJI products use a remote controller connected to a mobile device to show real-time video via the GO App. Thus the GO App uniquely can proxy this video feed to a lower resolution capture directly to your mobile device. These proxy captures allow you to quickly review your video shots to verify that you got your shot as intended. While you can see these low resolution proxy videos in the GO App editor, you need to manually transfer the full resolution videos if you want true higher resolution video.
You really don't need to setup storage other than an occasional SD card format to empty and legacy unwanted data...
2016-12-5
Use props
hijakd
lvl.1

Australia

iam also  having a lot of troubles,when I try to download the vids to my phone I get a error saying FAILED TO DOWNLOAD TO MOBILE cannot view files of current format in mobile device view in mac or pc.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules