Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken,

I am desparately trying to wrap my head around your company's return policy for my BRAND NEW Mavic whose gimbal was defective when it was shipped to me.   I've got the wavy lines, etc.   

I (along with many others) waited THREE MONTHS to get this thing.  It shows up completely unusable.   I go absolute through hell trying to communicate through newegg's "Email Seller" to get it replaced (newegg strips all attachments and email address then they act as an intermediary).  

Finally today, I get hold of a very nice person on your support chat site.  Everything was going great.... showed her a video of the problem... said yes it's defective, etc......  up until I'm told it will take TWO WEEKS to send me another one.    REALLY???? TWO WEEKS????? To replace a DEFECTIVE, UNUSABLE product?   TWO WEEKS?????   And that doesn't count the fact that they only send me a GROUND FedEx label and I'm sure they'll send it GROUND back to me.   So that really a means a MONTH .... a freaking MONTH until I get to use my $1300 aircraft ....  

I then asked her if I had crashed my drone through negligence how long would it take..... take a wild guess what the answer was.... TWO WEEKS (not including shipping).

Who decided the time to send a new unit was the same regardless of whether a defective, UNUSABLE product was sent or someone was negligent and crashed the unit?!?!?!?!?!?!?  If I flew it into a tree I would completely expect to be placed at the back of the line and wait my turn to get it fixed.  Really, I would.

Why would anyone, in any universe, think is a fair way to treat your customers?

I guess I can look at my American Express bill for $1300 every single day instead of flying the aircraft that the money purchased....

2016-12-6
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

i would be so happy and glad that the company will replace the unit.

i would be very happy to have that kind of support on my country. as you guess, im not on the US, or Europe, i have no access to Either DJI CARE or REFRESH.

you ppl like to bitch and complain a lot over everything. like the guy who crashed his mavic because it "failed" to follow his bike and hitted a stop sign...

you should try to be more grateful and appreciate what you do have.

2016-12-6
Use props
BradC234
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

Alansin Posted at 2016-12-6 12:54

i would be very happy to have that kind of support on my country. as you guess, im not on the US, or Europe, i have no access to Either DJI CARE or REFRESH.

Obviously you do not understand the frustration of not being able to use a product that you've spent hard earned money on. Not everyone has the pleasure to throw away $1300 before they get a product that works.

Negative comments are really childish.
2016-12-6
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

Two weeks is not an unreasonable number considering where they will be coming from and the outrageous demand they have had for the Mavic pro.
2016-12-6
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

I totally understand your feeling, I got a occasionally shaky video and initialized a service request.
The agent was nice and sent me a return label for shipping back to analysis. I am so unwilling to do that -- man, one month, that would miss a lot of fun.
2016-12-6
Use props
BradC234
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219770 ft
Canada

My Mavic will be back in my hands with 2 extra batteries this Friday, they say two weeks to cover their butts but realistically it will be at their facility for 3 days max.
2016-12-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Why did it cost $1300?
2016-12-6
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
United States

Fly more combo is $1299
2016-12-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

int0x80 Posted at 2016-12-6 10:33
Fly more combo is $1299

Still only makes it a $1000 aircraft
2016-12-6
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-6 13:46

Haha true, but.... you got where the $1300 came from ...
Plus if you buy one without RC, that would be $750.

2016-12-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

int0x80 Posted at 2016-12-6 10:48

Very True.
2016-12-6
Use props
Derodeo
lvl.2

Canada

int0x80 Posted at 2016-12-7 02:48

I wish one could buy a Mavic without the remote control but that doesn't exist. Probably because it would cut in to the Refresh insurance sales.
2016-12-6
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

Two weeks isn't an unusual amount of time for a warranty replacement on ANY retail item from a manufacturer. I think you might be overreacting just a smidge.
2016-12-6
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Does anybody know why my question mark key is stuck ??????????????????????????????????????w????t????f??????he????l???p??????
2016-12-6
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Basically the supplies of Mavics are so short that people are waiting MONTHS to get theirs.   So two weeks for a replacement drone is NOT unreasonable.  
2016-12-6
Use props
hpsmasher
New

United States

DUDE I'M HAVING THIS EXACT EXPERIENCE RIGHT NOW. I'm talking to chat in a separate window and they are basically doing nothing.
My experience:
-Pre-order
-Wait for the launch delays (another month)
-Get a defective Mavic (same issue - bad gimbal)
-Spend ANOTHER ~1mo with support and shipping it back
-All I get is a short response with a "here's a coupon for a replacement" essentially telling me to get back in line when I know they are months behind still
-No more reponse from email support after I'm like wtf???

Online support cannot:
1) Send me a replacement (thats really all I want)
2) Tell me how much would be refunded when asking for a refund

I mean, my expectations were not super high here. All I wanted was "sorry we sold you a broken X, we are sending you a replacement X and here is your tracking number" and they cant even meet that. In the meantime Im stuck with a flymore combo I cant use.

I knew DJI was notorious for having bad customer service, but I can't help but be impressed by the extra lengths they are going to make this a truly horrible experience. I guess I can try issuing a chargeback or opening a dispute or something.

2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-7 04:23
Basically the supplies of Mavics are so short that people are waiting MONTHS to get theirs.   So two weeks for a replacement drone is NOT unreasonable.

I disagree.  If you manufacture a defective product, then replacing that defective product should be paramount.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Impossible J Posted at 2016-12-7 03:50
Two weeks isn't an unusual amount of time for a warranty replacement on ANY retail item from a manufacturer. I think you might be overreacting just a smidge.

I disagree....  I know many other manufactuers who will cross-ship replacements for turn around the same day for DOA defective merchandise.  Apple for one.  I have had two items not working properly when shipped to me over the last couple of years.... apple sent a pre-paid label and cross-shipped with next day delivery.

Why should DJI be any different?

It's my fault for not buying from a place like B&H.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-7 02:46

But they need you to send the entire Fly More kit back.... not just the aircraft
2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

int0x80 Posted at 2016-12-7 02:11
I totally understand your feeling, I got a occasionally shaky video and initialized a service request.
The agent was nice and sent me a return label for shipping back to analysis. I am so unwilling to do that -- man, one month, that would miss a lot of fun.

yeah mine is not occasionally shaky....  80% of the time shaky and I get intermittent "Gimbal Overload" errors mid-flight  -- and no the clamp is not on :-)
2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-12-7 02:09
Two weeks is not an unreasonable number considering where they will be coming from and the outrageous demand they have had for the Mavic pro.

I'm my opinion, doesn't matter.  If a product is DOA or defective, priority should be given.

I bought the Apple Watch the moment it was available to order back in 2015.  Mine showed up and it had only cosmetic damage -- worked perfectly.   You couldn't get an apple watch for at least a month right when it launched.... but apple had a brand new one to me the very next business day and cross shipped it with a label to return the damaged one -- and an email of apology that my product wasn't exactly the way I wanted it...

2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Alansin Posted at 2016-12-7 01:54

It's Bi*tching and complaining to require that a product be free of defects and, if it's not, that it be promptly replaced?
2016-12-6
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Why not start a thread and bitch like a toddler wanting an ice cream?
Oops you already have!
2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2016-12-6 23:31
I'm my opinion, doesn't matter.  If a product is DOA or defective, priority should be given.

I bought the Apple Watch the moment it was available to order back in 2015.  Mine showed up and it had only cosmetic damage -- worked perfectly.   You couldn't get an apple watch for at least a month right when it launched.... but apple had a brand new one to me the very next business day and cross shipped it with a label to return the damaged one -- and an email of apology that my product wasn't exactly the way I wanted it...

Americans love to trot out the Apple card as much as they can.
Ok I waited 4 months after ordering Apple Watch.
I am still waiting for iPhone 7
New ear pods still not available
Mac book pro 6 weeks wait.
When apple were 10 years old same as dji , they had some of the worst products in computing a customer service monkeys wouldn't have anything to do with.
Stop dishing out the Apple card everyone has to start somewhere, and if dji gets it down to 1 day in thirty years time they will be on the same footing as Apple.
So just be happy your not dealing with Apple as they were after 10 years in business.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know have you sent it in already? if so, what's your case number? We'll help you escalate it.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 11:02
May I know have you sent it in already? if so, what's your case number? We'll help you escalate it.

Natalia

Thank you.  I've been contacted by a DJI manager and it's been escalated already.  
2016-12-6
Use props
Q5NXoEGHzO17
New

United States

Iknow its late but never never never buy anything from New egg you might need to return, they are the worst company ever.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2016-12-7 11:18
Natalia

Thank you.  I've been contacted by a DJI manager and it's been escalated already.

That's great, and please feel free to let us know for any further questions, we'd love to help you.
2016-12-6
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Even if you PRE-ORDERED 2 months and a week ago (can you really count your E-ZEE order from Oct 1, when it was cancelled well over a month ago?), you can't say you've been waiting 3 month.  You got a defective unit, and that sucks, but stop your bitching about having to wait a couple weeks for a replacement.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules