Question on the other two batteries
726 3 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joelpoly.msn
lvl.2
United States

Hello guys and girls I am a new Phantom owner also. I have seen a lot of info on the Phantoms batteries ( storing, charging, ets. ) but I was wondering about the batteries in the transmiter and the wifi extender. I have the rechargeable batteries in the trans. Should they be discharged to 50% if not flying for 5 or 6 days as well? I live in Oregon and it has been rainning for the last 5 days so I just didn't recharge the transmiter and wifi and flew the Phantom batt. to about 45%. I have never had less than 4 lights on the transmiter. Of course that's probably because I only have 2 batteries now and get about 15 min. per flight. Thanks for all the good info guys.Joel

2015-2-11
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to the Forum and quad copter flying.

My P2V+ transmitter LiPo battery gets charged when it gets down to 2 lights,  with around 80 flights, I think I've charged it twice, maybe three times.

I charge the WiFi extender when it's below 40% or 50% after a flight session and before the next.  I usually get around 6 to 12 flights on a charge for it.  I don't know what type of battery is in the extender.

It is recommended to store LiPo batteries at 50%.  Personally, I don't get too hung up on this, unless I may not be using them for weeks or months.
2015-2-11
Use props
joelpoly.msn
lvl.2
United States

Jamie Posted at 2015-2-11 23:29
Welcome to the Forum and quad copter flying.

My P2V+ transmitter LiPo battery gets charged when it  ...

Thanks for the reply Jamie, I think I will let the Transmitter and the Wifi run down a little more before recharging. I don't know if they can get a memory issue from short charge cycles. It has been years since I have flown RC aircraft and it sure has changed, for the better I might add.
Joel
2015-2-11
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Nothing like the NiCd batteries were as far as memory effect.  You really don't need to fret over it too much, and DJI has pretty good information regarding the flight batteries in the manuals.

You will really enjoy these, particularly if you have an RC background.  They are really cool gadgets.
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules