954 4 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7448704a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287228 ft
United States

Hello folks!

I'm new here. I just ordered a Mavic which I'm told probably wont arrive until mid January or later. But one of my intended uses is filming my annual cruise on the canals of England in a narrowboat. Can anyone tell me if I'll encounter any legal/policy problems transporting the drone in carry-on luggage from the U.S. to England and if I'll encounter any restrictions in its use in England?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Brian Shaw

2016-12-7
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Check with your airline for specifics on carrying Lipo batteries closer to the time, but in short no ... make sure you take the mavic and batteries in take on luggage and do not put them in your hold luggage, the batteries are considered safe when carried on board with you.

As for flying in the UK .. similar laws to the US. Keep under 120Meters and dont fly closer than 50m to people/other property (150m on congested areas) DJI handles the rest really by restricting transmission to meet UK laws (20db as aposed to 26db) and it will also prevent you flying near airports and restricted areas.

Narrow boats are awesome, i'd love to go on one, one day... that and Cruiser boats.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans7448704a
lvl.2
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-8 03:13
Check with your airline for specifics on carrying Lipo batteries closer to the time, but in short no ... make sure you take the mavic and batteries in take on luggage and do not put them in your hold luggage, the batteries are considered safe when carried on board with you.

As for flying in the UK .. similar laws to the US. Keep under 120Meters and dont fly closer than 50m to people/other property (150m on congested areas) DJI handles the rest really by restricting transmission to meet UK laws (20db as aposed to 26db) and it will also prevent you flying near airports and restricted areas.

WOW! Could that have been any quicker??? Thanks so much. It had been my intent to transport everything in carry-on due to previous experiences with theft from checked baggage, so that works out great.

If you're in England in September 2017, jump aboard our boat; we'll give you a ride!
2016-12-7
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

fans7448704a Posted at 2016-12-7 19:18
WOW! Could that have been any quicker??? Thanks so much. It had been my intent to transport everything in carry-on due to previous experiences with theft from checked baggage, so that works out great.

If you're in England in September 2017, jump aboard our boat; we'll give you a ride!

Hehe, cheers. I may hold you to that

I'm up in Scotland though, but my sister lives in Cheshire.
I believe there are also some good routes round the Caledonian canal (a bit further north than i live)

https://www.scottishcanals.co.uk/canals/caledonian-canal/

2016-12-7
Use props
fans7448704a
lvl.2
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-8 03:21
Hehe, cheers. I may hold you to that

I'm up in Scotland though, but my sister lives in Cheshire.

This will be our 13th trip. 2017 will begin in Market Harborough (Leicestershire) and pass though Braunston, Rugby, Coventry, Tamworth, Burton-upon-Trent and Leicester. Meet you at the Foxton Locks Inn in (wait for it: Foxton) on 8 September!

Thanks again Danny!
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules