Go 4 Wi-fi 2.4 Ghz warning
2338 11 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

Gettting a warning on my Sony Z3 about the frequency of the Wi-fi conflicint with controller.  It says "Disable Wi-Fi or...."  and doesn't complete the statement.

I need wifi to tether to my main phone as there is no SD card in the sony.  Anyone seeing this error?
2016-12-7
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can't have the WiFi on your device turned on since the rc is communicating with the drone on those signals.
2016-12-7
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Canada

Must have to do with the fact that my home router is running at 2.4 because I have used this phone away from home with the Mavic without issue.
2016-12-7
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cwood Posted at 2016-12-7 20:05
Must have to do with the fact that my home router is running at 2.4 because I have used this phone away from home with the Mavic without issue.

You've used it before with the WiFi turned on? My phone tells me to shut it off if it's on, doesn't matter if I was connected to anything.
2016-12-7
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Cwood Posted at 2016-12-7 19:05

The new update/Go App 4 doesn't like to work with your phone's wifi turned on. The older Go App didn't have an issue but I could see why your phone's wifi would interfere as both the RC and phone wifi are on 2.4ghz.
2016-12-7
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Canada

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-7 20:08
You've used it before with the WiFi turned on? My phone tells me to shut it off if it's on, doesn't matter if I was connected to anything.

yes because I was Wifi tethered to my samsung s7.  I don't like my main phone being used because of texting and phone calls etc while you are focused on flying.  I have a spare  Z3 which is one of the noted compatible phones so it makes a good dedicated RC device.  My last flight with it was on the older Go version so will have to try on the Go 4.
2016-12-7
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Cwood Posted at 2016-12-7 21:12
yes because I was Wifi tethered to my samsung s7.  I don't like my main phone being used because of texting and phone calls etc while you are focused on flying.  I have a spare  Z3 which is one of the noted compatible phones so it makes a good dedicated RC device.  My last flight with it was on the older Go version so will have to try on the Go 4.

You can turn do not disturb on when flying if you want a way to silence incoming calls and texts.
2016-12-7
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

People talk about using airplane mode, but. Like getting my data.  I just turn off the wifi and leave cellular on. That way I can pull my maps, live-stream, etc. I'm using iPhone 7 and Go 4.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello ,the message "WiFi conflicting" has no negative influence on it's function, please do not worry about it.
And we had reported this issue to our engineers and will improve it.
2016-12-7
Use props
fansbf5e03ec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I would like to use a tablet connected to my phone wia wi-fi because i dont want extra sim card on my phone bill just for this purpose and purchase a much more expensive 4G tablet, is this a problem or not?
2016-12-7
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-8 02:41
Hello ,the message "WiFi conflicting" has no negative influence on it's function, please do not worry about it.
And we had reported this issue to our engineers and will improve it.

Interesting Mindy.  Thanks!!
2016-12-8
Use props
Finnkc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 455279 ft
Canada

I don't like using my main phone with my Mavic as my main phone doesn't play nice with DJI Go apps, and honestly I would rather have just a nice clean dedicated device for just flying. So I purchased an Iphone 5s to just wifi into my mobile hotspot. It seems Go4 just flat out turns the wifi off on the Iphone. I had an issue even registering the new drone to my account because the wifi would be blocked as soon as I entered the device. I went back to check the Wifi on/off toggle and iOS showed the wifi was ON but no connection was available. As soon as I exit the Go4 App, reconnected. Any solution to this? I am not an iOS person so I have no idea.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules