MAJOR frustration with DJI repair!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harley's proxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3025 ft
United States

6 weeks ago I had a minor crash afterwhich I got compass error notifications and was unable to calibrate the compass. i got the regular "magnetic interence, strong interference" etc
messages no matter which (there were many) locations I tried. I contacted support and sent it back for repair. A month later it returned but the DJIGo app continued to indicate the compass needed calibration and any attempts to do so failed. I recontacted DJI who asked that it be sent back again so a senior technition could work on it. They expedited the shipping/repair and it returned today. I fired it up and STILL get compass error notification and inability to calibrate it.
The IMU is normal.
Just for the hell of it I connected to my Lichi app and to my surprise successfully  calibrated the compass with it (at least the little voice said so).
Confused, I closed things down, uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI app (which Norton never likes!), reconnected and still got a compass calibration error/won't calibrate.
I closed DJI, reconnected with Lichi and was able to successfully calibrate for a second time with it!
So my questions are 1) Why would Lichi calibrate and not DJI go? 2) Is Litchi not to be trusted to calibrate the compass? 3) If DJIgo  trumps Litchi(seems logical)
Why do I continue to not be able to calibrate the compass after two repairs by them?!!
I really wanted to go flying tomorrow!
Hopefully a DJI moderator will pick up on this post and comment as I am about to demand a new replacement P3.
On a positive note I do want to acknowledge that dealing with DJI repair has been quite easy/pleasant. The online tech support are very responsive.
Thanks for listening

2016-12-7
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Hmm... Sounds interesting for sure. Sorry to hear about it, I'm sure it's frustrating. I would trust the DJI Go app over Litchi any day. When you calibrate your Phantom make sure you're not close to heavy metal objects... I don't even carry my phone on me when I fly. I've had compass problems when taking off near bridges and even on top of parking garages.

What I would do: I would take it out to an open field.. Turn the AC on, turn the RC on, open the app, wait for the gps to connect, and then takeoff. Calibrating the compass on every flight is optional but not really required.  Most importantly: Take it to an open area where there will in no way be any interference. If you're still having problems with the compass - Try formatting the SD Card and Reinstalling all the latest firmware - Also make sure your app is up to date.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be.
Have you tried to do the compass calibration in another open area?
Please provide me with your case number. I'll help to look into it.
2016-12-7
Use props
Harley's proxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3025 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-8 01:21
I can understand how frustrating this must be.
Have you tried to do the compass calibration in another open area?
Please provide me with your case number. I'll help to look into it.

Mindy thank you for picking up on this.
The case number for the first repair is: CAS-303498-D3G6DO
Case number for second repair:             CAS-336155-LOJ9J9
THANK YOU Mindy for your assistance on this

2016-12-8
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Why are you using Norton on a mobile device? Just curious. I know Norton is a joke on PCs. I have never heard of a mobile device needing an antivirus. Other than to hog up resources and kill your battery.
2016-12-8
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

These days security app is probably a good idea.  Who knows what's on websites and emails.   I use Lookout premium myself which also adds anti-theft protection.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules