DIY Prototype Adapter for Osmo Mobile + Samsung Gear 360
8656 11 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniel Schweine
lvl.1
Germany

I’ve built my own prototype adapter for the DJI Osmo Mobile. It was a lil  bit tricky because the Osmo Mobile motors are weak for that Camera. But I did it and  now I can shoot gimbal stabilized footage with the Samsung Gear 360  camera. The test footage was only stabilized with the Osmo Mobile - no post stabilization was used!

2016-12-8
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Looks ok, some pictures with the actual mount?
2016-12-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

The start of the second video reminds me of a trip I took once
2016-12-8
Use props
DanielSchweiner
lvl.1
Germany

Here is my finished DJI Osmo Mobile prototype adapter "Kraken36v1" for Samsung Gear 360.

DJI Osmo Mobile prototype adapter

2016-12-16
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

Round of applause. That is awesome. I have a Gear 360 buuuut, I don't think I'll be making something as neat as that any time soon. Unless you can make it with elastic bands and tape, I'm out ;)
2017-1-3
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.2
United States

Be great to mount that on a helmet and walk around Comic Con...haha, the looks you'll get, but man talk about being a creeper lounging around all the booth babes, guaranteed the cam will be panning around those shots.
2017-1-18
Use props
DanielSchweiner
lvl.1
Germany

I've updated my design with some improvements.
Kraken36 v1.1

2017-1-20
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Nice bit of engineering there!
2017-1-20
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty cool! I wonder it will work with the Gear 360 2017 edition? Also wondering if a Insta360 Nano could somehow be used on Osmo Mobile. Nano plugs into the charger port of the iPhone, so it would mean having to mount the phone vertically and upside down
2017-5-9
Use props
DanielSchweiner
lvl.1
Germany

@jeffbake I don't have the new Gear360 2017 edition so I really don't know if it will be compatible. If it is the same weight then it could.

Btw. I decided to sell my blueprints to DIY people who want to build their own Kraken36 adapter because I really don't have time to produce them anymore. Check out the link on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/lqYJ
2017-5-9
Use props
Themadwelshman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201444 ft
United Kingdom

Good morning Daniel. From Sunny Wales UK. You have no idea how long I've been trying to get this combination to work. Now that I've found this and can't see anything as its so old. Just my bloody luck. I hope you'll get to see this comment and be able to help me out with your design so I can get cracking on it. Your store doesn't exist anymore neither. Gutted. Fingers crossed
2023-5-7
Use props
DanielSchweinert
lvl.1
Germany

Themadwelshman Posted at 5-7 02:39
Good morning Daniel. From Sunny Wales UK. You have no idea how long I've been trying to get this combination to work. Now that I've found this and can't see anything as its so old. Just my bloody luck. I hope you'll get to see this comment and be able to help me out with your design so I can get cracking on it. Your store doesn't exist anymore neither. Gutted. Fingers crossed

Hi there,
yes its old and already obsolete tech. Nowadays almost all 360° cameras already have some sort of stabilization integrated that works way better. If you're still interested my old blog posts are here on my website:

https://www.schweinert.com/360-stabilizer-kraken36-v1-1-adapter-for-dji-osmo-mobile/
https://www.schweinert.com/360-stabilizer-dji-osmo-mobile-prototype-adapter-for-360/
https://www.schweinert.com/360-stabilizer-dji-osmo-mobile-samsung-gear-360/
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules