Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings Everyone,

Just got a Phantom 4 Pro, and I missed the memo on not updating the RC first. I'm thinking this is why the RC refuses to stay connected the aircraft. Does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware on the RC. I want to see if this works before sending it back.

Thanks in advance.
2016-12-8
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Hi, try using DJI Assistant on your Pc.
If you don't have any other issues, don't worry it's nothing serious that you need to send it back
2016-12-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How are you losing connection, over distance, directly above you, have you tried a different area ?

You could try resetting the RC first and relinking it to the P4P.

Try holding C1+C2+'Shutter Button' (top right nearest antenna) until it beeps. then switch off RC.

Power up RC again and relink using following:-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2016-12-8
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Greetings Aardvark & Ange1walk - Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately neither suggested solution works. I haven't even flown yet, so this is issue lies in my initial setup. Tried taking the unit to multiple rooms with no success. It will intermittently link for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. The remote will flash green and the aircraft info and image will come on the screen, then disappear. When I connect the P4P to the DJI Assistant app, I get a message saying it can't update the firmware list - or something to that effect.

Any other suggestions are most definitely welcome. I do have to mention that I called DJI and they said the best solution would be to send it back for an exchange which I'd rather not do as I have a job on Monday. I bought the P4P specifically for the upgraded camera, and I'm not comfortable using the P4's still shots for a paid gig.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mycypher Posted at 2016-12-9 14:00
Greetings Aardvark & Ange1walk - Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately neither suggested solution works. I haven't even flown yet, so this is issue lies in my initial setup. Tried taking the unit to multiple rooms with no success. It will intermittently link for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. The remote will flash green and the aircraft info and image will come on the screen, then disappear. When I connect the P4P to the DJI Assistant app, I get a message saying it can't update the firmware list - or something to that effect.

Any other suggestions are most definitely welcome. I do have to mention that I called DJI and they said the best solution would be to send it back for an exchange which I'd rather not do as I have a job on Monday. I bought the P4P specifically for the upgraded camera, and I'm not comfortable using the P4's still shots for a paid gig.

When connecting your aircraft to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, would you please try to reset it or refresh it firstly, then upgrade it again?
If still fails, please post a screenshot here about the upgrading page.
Just to clarify, you upgrade the RC with APP successfully, right?
2016-12-8
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-8 22:15
When connecting your aircraft to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, would you please try to reset it or refresh it firstly, then upgrade it again?
If still fails, please post a screenshot here about the upgrading page.
Just to clarify, you upgrade the RC with APP successfully, right?

Hello, and thank you for the reply. Yes - Upon starting the DJI GO4 app for the first time, the first message received was that the RC firmware needed to be updated. It was updated successfully. I will try resetting aircraft with Assistant 2 and post the results.

Thanks again for taking the time.
2016-12-9
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I pressed "factory reset". And it said "successful".

Screenshot (2).png
2016-12-9
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Screenshot is above. I still can't confirm what firmware is running. I'm thinking nothing changed because when I power everything up together again, I'm still getting intermittent "Enter Device", "Go Fly" messages at the bottom left of the screen.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mycypher Posted at 2016-12-10 04:39
Screenshot is above. I still can't confirm what firmware is running. I'm thinking nothing changed because when I power everything up together again, I'm still getting intermittent "Enter Device", "Go Fly" messages at the bottom left of the screen.

Sorry I cannot download the first screenshot you attached. The internet is great, right? have you tried to restart aircraft after you reset it successfully?
Please click on "Go Fly" to enter the device, then what you can seen on the screen? if they are connected properly, you will see image transmission.
To check current firmware version, please refer to this screenshot:
Version.png
2016-12-9
Use props
Renescobob
New

Russia

I have the similar issue. Having installed a new firmware during the initial launch the rc lost his connection to the aircraft. I tried to use old and new firmware of the aircraft through the desktop application, and it didn't help. I can't restore factory defaults of rc through this app
2017-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renescobob Posted at 2017-3-2 10:21
I have the similar issue. Having installed a new firmware during the initial launch the rc lost his connection to the aircraft. I tried to use old and new firmware of the aircraft through the desktop application, and it didn't help. I can't restore factory defaults of rc through this app

Have you tried 'relinking ' RC to Aircraft ?

2017-3-2
Use props
GERMAN0
New

Colombia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-2 16:31
Have you tried 'relinking ' RC to Aircraft ?

tengo el mismo problema
2017-3-16
Use props
Gael
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15449035 ft
  • >>>
France

I think my update RC Controller failed. Is there a way to fix that without send it back to DJI Support ?
2017-6-9
Use props
Gael
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15449035 ft
  • >>>
France

In about no information...
2017-6-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gael Posted at 2017-6-9 02:44
In about no information...

You need to connect and power up Aircraft, RC & Display device to be able to see all the information in 'About'.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans3cf356ec
lvl.2
United States

DJI Go app when running shows no information about the RC.  How do you reset the RC?  I cannot relink to P4P after firmware update.
When I turn on the RC it does not beep like it did previously?

2017-6-10
Use props
fans7dc37888
New
Australia

I seem to have also fallen into this situation. Remote doesn't seem to be functioning correctly after firmware upgrade with the go 4 app and hence it no longer connects to the aircraft.
- Power on no longer requires the two button press, one short press turns it on.
- The go app says rc connected and updated to the most recent firmware however in "about" section the remote controller version number is "N/A"- RC doesn't seem to respond to a reset "C1 C2 Shutter"

It would appear that the controller firmware update has caused some issues.
Can I force a reinstall or downgrade to the RC firmware to fix this? If so how do I do this?

2017-6-16
Use props
fans7dc37888
New
Australia

fans7dc37888 Posted at 2017-6-16 18:15
I seem to have also fallen into this situation. Remote doesn't seem to be functioning correctly after firmware upgrade with the go 4 app and hence it no longer connects to the aircraft.
- Power on no longer requires the two button press, one short press turns it on.
- The go app says rc connected and updated to the most recent firmware however in "about" section the remote controller version number is "N/A"- RC doesn't seem to respond to a reset "C1 C2 Shutter"

Here is how you can reset the RC firmware:
2017-6-16
Use props
UgS
New
Lithuania

Hi there.
Looks like I Have similar situation. I have Phantom 4 and my firmware I believe was the latest (I didn't check before unfortunately) . It was problem with disconnecting all the time, or video feed not showing . I decided to downgrade my firmware, but firsly I started with RC (dumb idea). When I started to downgrading, process wasn't able to finish, it showed something like "update failed please retry", but after pushing retry button every time still the same problem appeared and I just let go. But now my RC turns on only pushed power button once, the led is now solid white, and the main problem now is that when I connect my RC with android device (Nvidia Shield K1) DJI GO app since P4 is redirecting me to app before P4 and there text which says: "Current device: Inspire 1". And I can't do anything now, RC doesn't connect to Drone, Can't update or downgrade RC, I can't even open the correct App, because somehow it thinks, that I conected Inspire 1 RC. I tried all restarts and linkings by pressing buttons combinations on RC, nothing changed. I believe somehow firmware from Inspire 1 was installed to my RC instead of Phantom 4.

What can I do? Is it possible somehow to put normal firmware to my RC  via PC maybe, without using DJI App, because the correct app doesn't recognize device as it should.

Please help, I need my drone very soon.
2017-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UgS Posted at 2017-6-18 23:53
Hi there.
Looks like I Have similar situation. I have Phantom 4 and my firmware I believe was the latest (I didn't check before unfortunately) . It was problem with disconnecting all the time, or video feed not showing . I decided to downgrade my firmware, but firsly I started with RC (dumb idea). When I started to downgrading, process wasn't able to finish, it showed something like "update failed please retry", but after pushing retry button every time still the same problem appeared and I just let go. But now my RC turns on only pushed power button once, the led is now solid white, and the main problem now is that when I connect my RC with android device (Nvidia Shield K1) DJI GO app since P4 is redirecting me to app before P4 and there text which says: "Current device: Inspire 1". And I can't do anything now, RC doesn't connect to Drone, Can't update or downgrade RC, I can't even open the correct App, because somehow it thinks, that I conected Inspire 1 RC. I tried all restarts and linkings by pressing buttons combinations on RC, nothing changed. I believe somehow firmware from Inspire 1 was installed to my RC instead of Phantom 4.

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

You can manually relinking the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there.

You can also use DJI Assistant 2 to check and refresh/reset aircraft firmware.

DJI Assistant 2  can be downloaded Here.

2017-6-19
Use props
UgS
New
Lithuania

Guys, I think you not quite understand me.

Let's start from the begining..

So, I tried to downgrade my Phantom 4 RC to 1.58 update, but there was no succes, because at some point it stoped and said "Update failed, please retry" (something like this, I don't remember correct phrase). There was a button "Retry", pushed it and upgrade started again from the 0%, but again failed, and it was few times like this - no succes, so I gave up and turned off RC. After I turned on again RC I needed to push power button only once instead of two times like usual and all lights on the RC was solid white. No reset is working, no beeping when pushing those combinations for reseting and linking, nothing, only death. RC beeps only when I turn it off.
When I plug my RC to android device it automatically open DJI GO App 4.0, like usual, BUT, when app opens I get this:
http://imgur.com/Bmo4F8a

App redirects me to older App. And as you can see in the screenshot there is text: "Current DJI Device: inspire 1" what a hell? Why not Phantom 4???
When I open older app, only with inspire 1 I "can enter camera" function, others drones doesnt give me this option, only "how to connect"
http://imgur.com/1AtLC0x
http://imgur.com/GPAxyT4

And Phantom 4 unfortunately doesn't exist in this list of drones.
Anyway, when I open "camera" and try to look "about" function, I get this:
http://imgur.com/cXwxyOx

When I enter downgrading menu, I get nothing in the list:
http://imgur.com/DwlW8oW

So, My RC doesn't connect to anything, it just plays dead and don't want to talk with anything at all.
When I connect my drone via assitant 2 I get only one update, which is V01.02.0602 "CURRENT", no other updates visible. Tried Restore factory defaults, nothing changed, still the same update:
http://imgur.com/KXTBi3R

Main problem is, now RC and Drone firmwares I think are different and they can't Link together and I can't upgrade anyone of them to the same upgrade. I can't even open the right DJI GO App, because it auomatically redirects me to the other. Drone when turned on flashing yellow light (no linked RC of course). Tried to link RC via DJI app, no emotions from RC. I'm starting to panic.

Any thoughts? Please somebody...
2017-6-19
Use props
CédricGoffinet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 535869 ft
Belgium

Hi there.

Hello!
I have EXACTLY the same problem as you! :-(
Have you found a solution?
2017-7-10
Use props
jmdyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3822254 ft
United States

Hail and well met!
I have the same problem, except my RC links with the P4.  The P4 is firmware is updated to the v02.00.0106 via DJI Assistant 2.  When I attempted to update the remote control via Assistant 2, after logging in, I got the "Cannot Load Firmware List.  Please retry"  message.   I tried to use the GO 4 upgrade route but got no prompt to upgrade.  There was a line with Firmware Version 1.5.80  and a Combo box with Downgrade Firmware to:   1.8.0,,,1.6.0,,,1.58.0    None of these worked, all failed.
When connected to the P4 with the RC, GO4 says that the firmware needs to be upgraded.  One time I got the message...."Remote Controller Firmware Inconsistent.  Update in Overall Status"   Don't think that applies to P4.
I contacted online support at DJI.  The tech said to send the RC in to DJI for repair.  Not going to do that.  The RC is not broken, needs to be purged or something.
Any other advice out there?
Thanks, js
2017-7-10
Use props
fejsik
New
Flight distance : 34163 ft
Poland

Hello!
I have EXACTLY the same problem as you!
Have you found a solution?  
2017-7-31
Use props
fejsik
New
Flight distance : 34163 ft
Poland

I have the same problem as You

So, I yesterday upgrade my Phantom 4 RC , but there was no succes, because at some point it stoped and said "Update failed, please retry" (something like this, I don't remember correct phrase). There was a button "Retry", pushed it and upgrade started again from the 0%, but again failed, and it was few times like this - no succes, so I gave up and turned off RC. After I turned on again RC I needed to push power button only once instead of two times like usual and all lights on the RC was solid white. No reset is working, no beeping when pushing those combinations for reseting and linking, nothing, only death. RC beeps only when I turn it off.
When I plug my RC to android device it App redirects me to older App. And as you can see text: "Current DJI Device: inspire 1"
When I open older app, only with inspire 1 I "can enter camera" function, others drones doesnt give me this option, only "how to connect"
So, My RC doesn't connect to anything, it just plays dead and don't want to talk with anything at all.
When I connect my drone via assistant 2 I get only one update, which is  "CURRENT", no other updates visible. Tried Restore factory defaults, nothing changed, still the same update.

Main problem is, now RC and Drone firmwares I think are different and they can't Link together and I can't upgrade anyone of them to the same upgrade. I can't even open the right DJI GO App, because it auomatically redirects me to the other. Drone when turned on flashing yellow light (no linked RC of course). Tried to link RC via DJI app, no emotions from RC.

Have you found a solution?  Please Help.
2017-7-31
Use props
josediazfoto
New
Flight distance : 1273 ft
Guatemala

I have the same problem as You

So, I yesterday upgrade my Phantom 4 RC , but there was no succes, because at some point it stoped and said "Update failed, please retry" (something like this, I don't remember correct phrase). There was a button "Retry", pushed it and upgrade started again from the 0%, but again failed, and it was few times like this - no succes, so I gave up and turned off RC. After I turned on again RC I needed to push power button only once instead of two times like usual and all lights on the RC was solid white. No reset is working, no beeping when pushing those combinations for reseting and linking, nothing, only death. RC beeps only when I turn it off.
When I plug my RC to android device it App redirects me to older App. And as you can see text: "Current DJI Device: inspire 1"
When I connect my drone via assistant 2 I get only one update, which is  "CURRENT", no other updates visible. Tried Restore factory defaults, nothing changed, still the same update.

Main problem is, now RC and Drone firmwares I think are different and they can't Link together and I can't upgrade anyone of them to the same upgrade. I can't even open the right DJI GO App, because it auomatically redirects me to the other. Drone when turned on flashing yellow light (no linked RC of course). Tried to link RC via DJI app, no emotions from RC.

Have you found a solution?  Please Help.

help
2017-12-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

Anyone found a solution yet?
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now