tripod mode problem
1948 9 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edwarde21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

so i try looking for any clear answer here in the forums but can find a clear one just yesterday it was there and i havent updated anything. i have dji go 4 and i tried it on my iphone 6 plus and my iphone 6 plus s and nothing. i still dont have the best footage yet since im still learning to fly first lol but this little thing is awsome so far i took it for a little flight tonight and let me say it was scary but i tryied to be as safe as possible. here is a small preview lol dont be so harsh plz
2016-12-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Nice little "splash" of video!

I assume you couldn't find the tripod mode.  It is available after you takeoff.  Tap the quad and there are two screens of "Intelligent Flight Modes".  Tripod is in there.  

From your video, i would have shot your "fly back" in normal mode the way you did, and then switched to tripod mode for the stationary panning shot.  Slower is better on a pan and tripod slows things down a lot.  About half-stick in tripod is a decent pan.  You can ALWAYS speed up the movement in a video editor, but you have to start with a slow movement to get quality video.

Great first video!
2016-12-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

To bad of that gimbal shake. Happens when you break (let sticks go) Something to think about when shooting.
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

looking good!
2016-12-8
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Cool video
2016-12-8
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-9 12:10
Nice little "splash" of video!

I assume you couldn't find the tripod mode.  It is available after you takeoff.  Tap the quad and there are two screens of "Intelligent Flight Modes".  Tripod is in there.  

http://Thank you so much for the tip. I tried taking off and looking for tripod mode and is not there I have everything else but that
2016-12-9
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-12-9 13:09
To bad of that gimbal shake. Happens when you break (let sticks go) Something to think about when shooting.

http://Thank you and I sure will I'm still trying to feel comfortable flying so my shots can be smooth but I couldn't wait to post something
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

There is a setting that determines how hard the drone brakes when you "let go" of the stick.  I don't recall which setting it is, but you can adjust it so that it "coasts" more.  On the up-side, it makes for smoother videos.  On the down-side, it takes longer to stop (unless you apply opposite stick), so you may accidentally "coast" into something.

The safest thing to do is to gradually let off the stick.  Think of it like driving smoothly, you don't just let go of the gas and mash the brake, you let off the gas and slowly apply the brake for a smooth stop.  When you are pushing forward on the stick, you are applying the gas.  The INSTANT you move the stick in the opposite direction (allowing the spring to return it to the middle position) you are actually applying brake.  So, apply that brake slowly by easing the stick back to the middle (the middle is full brake applied for that direction).  That will prevent the shaking of the gimbal.  Practice it a little and you'll see how easy it becomes.
2016-12-9
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-9 06:39
There is a setting that determines how hard the drone brakes when you "let go" of the stick.  I don't recall which setting it is, but you can adjust it so that it "coasts" more.  On the up-side, it makes for smoother videos.  On the down-side, it takes longer to stop (unless you apply opposite stick), so you may accidentally "coast" into something.

The safest thing to do is to gradually let off the stick.  Think of it like driving smoothly, you don't just let go of the gas and mash the brake, you let off the gas and slowly apply the brake for a smooth stop.  When you are pushing forward on the stick, you are applying the gas.  The INSTANT you move the stick in the opposite direction (allowing the spring to return it to the middle position) you are actually applying brake.  So, apply that brake slowly by easing the stick back to the middle (the middle is full brake applied for that direction).  That will prevent the shaking of the gimbal.  Practice it a little and you'll see how easy it becomes.

Thank u so much for everyone's tip I really appreciate it n will do still got to find out what happened to tripod mode though
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

edwarde21 Posted at 2016-12-9 15:01
Thank u so much for everyone's tip I really appreciate it n will do still got to find out what happened to tripod mode though

I was playing this morning and it appears that Tripod mode is NOT available when you don't have GPS lock.  I was inside and in ATTI mode and it was not on my screen.  It was there yesterday when I was outside and was there when I flew inside near the patio and had GPS lock.
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules