Where is the green line?
2096 17 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monopdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 995531 ft
United States

I have flown a phantom 3 for a year.  I recently upgraded to a Phantom 4.  Missing on my map is the green line that points a direct route from my drone to the launch point.   How do I get that back?  Is it a setting somewhere that I have overlooked?
2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Monop,

Have you tried to enable "Show Flight Path" in settings.  I understand your pain!  If I did not have the green line, I would really have a problem with my flights.  I use it in pretty much every flight.

BTW, if that does not work, look at other settings in the area to see if any of them help.  If that does not work, reinstall the DJI GO app you are using.

Hope this helps!  Because I would not fly without it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you sorted it out and found it when you take off and start flying away form you?
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Have you sorted it out and found it when you take off and start flying away form you?
2016-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 23:24

DJI- Ken, you can say that again. ;-)

Yes, the thin green line... Wasn't that also a movie title? Haha

I have had to rely on the straight line back to the drones home point on several occasions and find it a valuable asset for my flying style. Though now, with using the bright LED Lume Cubes, my VLOS had increased substantially, for my eyes. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 14:45

Very nice, when you lose orientation it's a great way to head home instead of using the RTH.
And indeed, those Lume Cubes are amazing.
2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 21:04
Very nice, when you lose orientation it's a great way to head home instead of using the RTH.

Aloha Ken,

BTW, I finally got some 10"-12" USB cables for my P3P and P4.  Had a nice flight today even though it was a dreary day and I had to keep scanning for showers.  The new cables worked great and really reduced interference.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-10 00:04

DJI-Ken, I wasn't sure which post to reply to, of yours, but they both make double sense. ;-)
Excuse me, but I just had another 30 min. Laugh Attack, watching Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen.
Cracks me up consistently 5 nights a week.  
Yes the Go app, it's a remarkable system of checks and balances. Perhaps not infallible but very close to a perfect system.
It always makes me wonder what truly went wrong, when threads proclaim a fly away. But the flight LOG file, often tells the whole tale. Truth be known. You know, with all the options, autonomous flight modes and other various interesting features, how much more can DJI devise and implement with these forward thinking drone firmware and app accomplishments? How can there be much more to intrigue us? It always surprises me, and makes me smile.

How many designers/creative people are there, in the R&D department, that continue to amaze us? ;-)
They must eat, sleep and dream of this stuff 24hrs a day...

RedHotPoker

2016-12-9
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-10 00:14
Aloha Monop,

Have you tried to enable "Show Flight Path" in settings.  I understand your pain!  If I did not have the green line, I would really have a problem with my flights.  I use it in pretty much every flight.

You know I think I did disable that option.  I was thinking it was just for the little path that shows where you have been, not where you might want to go!  I will change that today.  
2016-12-10
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 00:45

Yeah, I use it regularly too. Even if you are not "lost" it allows you to get your copter pointed directly at home and fly the shortest route.  
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-10 00:22
Aloha Ken,

BTW, I finally got some 10"-12" USB cables for my P3P and P4.  Had a nice flight today even though it was a dreary day and I had to keep scanning for showers.  The new cables worked great and really reduced interference.

That's great, I always use the 12" Cambond ones and they work great.Enjoy your weekend.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 00:33
DJI-Ken, I wasn't sure which post to reply to, of yours, but they both make double sense. ;-)
Excuse me, but I just had another 30 min. Laugh Attack, watching Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen.
Cracks me up consistently 5 nights a week.  

The R&D department is MASSIVE and DJI will always put out more innovative products to keep us intrigued
Have a great weekend.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-10 08:55
The R&D department is MASSIVE and DJI will always put out more innovative products to keep us intrigued
Have a great weekend.

DJI-Ken See both post three and or post four above. ;-)

I can imagine seeing a room full of bright young designers, all drawing up plans and firmware options, to submit.
It must be like a mini competition, seeing who's ideas get adopted, and which ones are discounted, but saved perhaps for future use. Are they all drone pilots with experience and knowledge of the various aircrafts? Perhaps individual sections for segmented drones. An Inspire team, Phantom team. Even perhaps a future model design group, looking out, way ahead of the pack. Those were the fellows and gals who devised and submitted the drawings/drafts for the new Mavic...
Yes, it must be massive,  and lucrative for each and every one of them. Bonuses for being at the head of the curve.
For the developers and support staff alike, you all must be very proud of your past, present and future accomplishments.
I wish we had a window to your exciting and passionate world. You are all so unique and individual, yet all have the same goals. To continue propelling DJI ahead of the pack. Having 70% of the world market in sales and obvious innovative technology, is quite a feat, considering the huge market and possibilities ahead. I look forward to seeing and learning about more of the ongoing concepts and all the future possibilities. ;-)
Thanks for sharing your piece of it all, here with us on the forum.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Monopdrone Posted at 2016-12-10 05:46
Yeah, I use it regularly too. Even if you are not "lost" it allows you to get your copter pointed directly at home and fly the shortest route.

I'll never forget the day, I had lost sight of my Phantom 3 Pro. I had momentarily gone into a bit of panic, and felt it was all over. But staring at the screen in bewilderment, noticed the green line, and suddenly realized my drone was out at the end of that retrieval line. Much like a kite, I only had to bring it home. So I turned it around with the directional arrow and brought it back. I didn't see it at first, but when I heard that familiar sound, looked straight up above me, and there it was, safe and ready to descend back to my happy self. What an awesome concept...
When I played back the compete flight later at home, all I could do was smile and be thankful for such and awesome  design. I never forgot that important lesson of this wonderful aspect of the firmware and app. Yes, you can go home. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 10:28
DJI-Ken See both post three and or post four above. ;-)

I can imagine seeing a room full of bright young designers, all drawing up plans and firmware options, to submit.

That's an awesome statement you made, thank you.
DJI is always looking for talent
http://we.dji.com/index_en.html
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-10 19:48
That's an awesome statement you made, thank you.
DJI is always looking for talent
http://we.dji.com/index_en.html

Hey thanks my friend. Just stating the obvious, and expounding upon that personal thought. When ever any one asked me about my Phantom 3 Pro', and tells me how awesome it is. I simply say, well yeah, it's a DJI drone... They are still thee supreme makers of some of the very best of the drones in this relative price range, in the world. And then some. The innovations and parameters are way ahead of the common pack.  Sure there are probably bigger and better models out there, but you would be spending many many multiple thousands of dollars to achieve those drones. Possibly still not having the DJI feature set. ;-)
I feel fortunate and lucky to be where I am today, and it will only get better...  We should all feel advantaged to be here.

Not sure where I could add any benefit, other than having a grand sense of judgement to it and my vivid imagination.
I would be a great solo test market, and would be happy to evaluate any products or services that are made available to me though. ;-)
Sign me up... Haha

When you go flying and fire up those Lume Cubes, think of me.  Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 20:19
Hey thanks my friend. Just stating the obvious, and expounding upon that personal thought. When ever any one asked me about my Phantom 3 Pro', and tells me how awesome it is. I simply say, well yeah, it's a DJI drone... They are the still thee supreme makers of some of the very best of the drones in this relative price range, in the world. And then some. The innovations and parameters are way ahead of the common pack.  Sure there are probably bigger and better models out there, but you would be spending many many multiple thousands of dollars to achieve those drones. Possibly still not having the DJI feature set. ;-)
I feel fortunate and lucky to be where I am today, and it will only get better...  We should all feel advantaged to be here.

Thanks again for the great words.
2016-12-10
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

A thread about a missing green line gets hijacked by lume cube discussion
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now