Do I have a dud Phantom 4 Pro?
1551 14 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I just got my P4P, when I connect to DJI GO 4 I get a "no signal" error. No camera functionality but recieve info from GPS/obstacle radar.
I also tried to check the SD card to see if that was an issue and it didn't allow me to format in the app (No SD card error), tried multiple different SD cards, formated to exFAT, no dice.
I had issues updating to 01.01.0201 using my mobile device but was able to update it when I plugged my P4P into my computer and used Assistant 2. I am unable to update to the new 01.01.0203 firmware using any method. I am unable to update or downgrade any firmware now, just gives me "Update failed." at 0% on Assistant 2.

Tried connecting using Litchi instead, gives me a "unable to connect to DJI server" error. So far I have been unable to do anything with my P4P, nothing works, do I have a dud?

I am also interested in getting DJI refresh but don't want to get it if I am returning this device, would the refresh transfer over to my new device? the 48 hour period is quickly closing.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, we'd love to help you.
May I know what mobile device you are used for the aircraft? have you got it activated successfully before upgrading firmware? You could try to format the SD card via PC instead of the APP.
Pleaase try to restart your aircraft and upgrade it again via Assistant 2?
If you still cannot get it upgraded, please post a screenshot about the error message, thanks.
2016-12-9
Use props
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 19:46
Sorry to hear about the issue, we'd love to help you.
May I know what mobile device you are used for the aircraft? have you got it activated successfully before upgrading firmware? You could try to format the SD card via PC instead of the APP.
Pleaase try to restart your aircraft and upgrade it again via Assistant 2?

Hi,

I've tried:

1) Updating firmware using Nexus 6p android phone, connected to RC, then connected to aircraft via USB (update failed, screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yfejJXAJODMUp4QjU4MS1IVzg)
2) Updating firmware using Samsung ON android phone (same as above)
3) Updating firmware using iPad mini retina (same as above, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yfejJXAJODNEpvVlVUdzNGREU)
4) Updating firmware using Assistant 2 on windows 10 PC (Update fail at 0%, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yfejJXAJODbFpTVG05VmliN2s)
5) Updating the remote (inconsistent firmware update depending on device used, didn't update on android but I think it updated using an iOS device)
6) Formatted SD card using computer
7) Formatted SD card to exFAT using PC
8) Tried two other SD cards (all are unreadable by P4P)
9) Restarted aircraft and remote dozens of times.
10) Removed and reinserted battery multiple times
11) Attempted to do firmware upgrade via SD card but could not find the download anywhere.
12) Taken the drone out of the area with a lot of interference, still no video feed.
13) Also to note, there was a deep gouge on the package when I received it and the styrofoam case has a bit of an indent, leading me to think this thing had impact damage to it, could this possibly be the culprit? (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yfejJXAJODUWNwSlc3alphV2s)14) Factory defaults on assistant 2 (didn't work)

I have a feeling that even if I could get the firmware update to go through, it wouldn't change much since the P4P is supposed to have working video feed even without the latest update.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks so much for the details and screenshots.
When upgrading with Assistant 2, it shows 100% with the error code V01.01.0203, we need put another file into the root of SD card and upgrade it again, the it will be fine.
Would you please provide us your e-mail address, we'll send you the file.
Sorry for the gouge on the package, but that would not the cause for upgrading failure.
2016-12-10
Use props
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

Sent you a PM, thanks!
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry, I did not receive your message for some reason, and tried to PM you, please check whether you can receive my message.
If no, then please post your e-mail address here, and I'll delete it once I get your information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-12-11
Use props
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

please send it to ******

Thanks!
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Avery Ting Wong Posted at 2016-12-12 18:21
please send it to ******

Thanks!

Please check your e-mail box with the instruction and let us know the result, thanks so much.
2016-12-12
Use props
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 03:31
Please check your e-mail box with the instruction and let us know the result, thanks so much.

Hi,

I put the file into the root directory of the SD card and this is the result I got:

1) RC off, blinks alternate red and green (although I think it might be red and amber, cant quite tell). Let it sit for 5 minutes, continues to blink. Unable to update. Sometimes it blinks three times in rapid succession.

2) RC on, blinks green (or amber?), sometimes three times in rapid succession. Unable to update still. Same issue no camera.
3) Blinking occurs regardless of if SD card is inserted or not.

I'm thinking there might be an issue with it reading my SD card? When I try to format it in the APP it tells me there is no SD card in the device.

I've also tried turning off the device and inserting the card and also removing and inserting the card while the device is on. Also tried with different SD cards.

--------

EDIT: UPDATE

I charged the battery to full and tried the SD again with the file, this time I got the green and red light and it looked like the camera update went through. Didn't appear to fix anything though, still no signal. Tried updating aircraft firmware with phone and assistant 2, same errors as before.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Avery Ting Wong Posted at 2016-12-13 04:42
Hi,

I put the file into the root directory of the SD card and this is the result I got:

We  feel sorry for the inconvenience caused, for this case, I do suggest you to send it in for evaluation by our engineers.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Avery Ting Wong Posted at 2016-12-13 04:42
Hi,

We've created a case for you and sent the e-mail with the RMA number.
You will receive the shipping label in about 1-2 working days.
2016-12-14
Use props
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I got my P4P back from RMA today and it seems to be working, so thanks! One thing that is missing from my box is a set of rotor blades, I remember there being two sets of blades and only one set was found in the box. Can you guys send me a new set to replace the missing ones please?

Thanks
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Avery Ting Wong Posted at 2016-12-24 10:05
Hi,

I got my P4P back from RMA today and it seems to be working, so thanks! One thing that is missing from my box is a set of rotor blades, I remember there being two sets of blades and only one set was found in the box. Can you guys send me a new set to replace the missing ones please?

Have you already contacted Support about the blades? They should be able to get that sorted for you quickly.
2016-12-23
Use props
Avery Ting Wong
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-23 21:02
Have you already contacted Support about the blades? They should be able to get that sorted for you quickly.

I have not, I'll send them an email. Thanks
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Avery Ting Wong Posted at 2017-1-3 18:40
I have not, I'll send them an email. Thanks

You're welcome.
2017-1-4
Use props