Dead pixel/Faulty CMOS sensor?
1205 4 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
serotonin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well this isn't good. I've not even taken the Mavic out for it's maiden flight yet and I seem to have a problem. What looks to be a dead pixel or CMOS glitch/error.

Arrived yesterday, unboxed, charged batteries and updated firmware/DJI GO app. Took a few photos and a test video, played video back and noticed a spec on my monitor, wiped finger over it, oh it's on the movie file, checked photos, it's on them too. Checked lense, clean and no marks. I'm not a DJI newbie as I have an 'old' Phantom 2 and Inspire 1, so fairly savvie with their devices but this has stumped me.

See for yourselves, unless there is a clean sensor option or camera calibration I got a horrible feeling this is going back, and after a 10 week wait too... Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1st photo 100% - Next 2 are 400% cropped.

2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload some original images to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2016-12-13
Use props
serotonin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy - have sent links via personal message.
Edit: Added YouTube link.
Used AF Square to highlight speckle, it moves when you select between photo and video.

2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

serotonin Posted at 2016-12-14 02:46
Thanks Mindy - have sent links via personal message.
Edit: Added YouTube link.
Used AF Square to highlight speckle, it moves when you select between photo and video.

I have checked your video. It's probably a hardware issue.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-15
Use props
Sudo911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 486545 ft
Ireland

Serotonin,

Did you get this replaced under warranty to your satisfaction? I have the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro - but it is only visible on night time shots (white pixel stuck on the screen). Received it back in October but only noticed it in the last week during my 1st night time shoot. DJI Support are wanting me to send in for a repair service (with cost), and wont entertain cover under warranty even though I have a service plan!

Rowan
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules