Landing gear lowering at low height
2862 10 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronnie.email
lvl.2

United States

Is there somewhere in the app that you can adjust the height (or turn off) the landing gear automatically lowering when it gets to be only a few feet off the ground? I was wanting to do some low angle shots but everytime I bring the Inspire down, the landing gear automatically lowers when Im about 3-4 feet off the ground.

2015-2-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Currently the landing gear lowers at 1m.  This is being addressed in the next firmware.
2015-2-11
Use props
ronnie.email
lvl.2

United States

Thanks @Tahoe_Ed
2015-2-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Mine doesn't lower itself down at low altitude. The camera can even touch the ground
2015-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-2-12 15:28
Mine doesn't lower itself down at low altitude. The camera can even touch the ground

I have noticed that the landing gear doesnt automatically land in the simulator also, but didnt take much notice of it, being the simulator.
2015-2-12
Use props
YK47
lvl.1

Hong Kong

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-12 17:13
I have noticed that the landing gear doesnt automatically land in the simulator also, but didnt ta ...

there is a  "self-adaptive landing gear" switch in  MC setting...
2015-2-12
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Mine doesn't raise or lower as well. I have to do both manually. Btw, just out of curiosity, what are you filming below 3ft? I wouldn't dare make to much maneuvers at such a low altitude lol
2015-2-12
Use props
ROROFLIX
lvl.2

United States

tracking shots that start low and then raise to a higher perspective.
2015-2-12
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Does anyone know if this has actually been implemented yet?   People are talking about seeing it in the Android app but doesn't seem to be in the IOS version yet.
2015-3-6
Use props
nic
lvl.1

New Zealand

Workaround is to tape ONE of the sonar ports with insulating tape or similar. Taping both will get a 0m height reading, taping one tricks it into thinking it's not receiving the sound waves, therefore it believes it's above 2.5m.
2015-3-7
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I tested this today running the new firmware, landing gear deployed automatically at about 3 feet .
2015-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules